Friday, June 21, 2013

Taking care of your eyelash extension

I was staring into the mirror this morning while I did my make-up and suddenly, I realized something...

As much as I don't really like the feeling of having eyelash extension on, now, I am missing the once long and thick eyelashes.

I guess I just couldn't make up my mind whether or not I should go for my eyelash extension again. You can read about my experience here and here. I've been to several good ones and few bad ones. Believe me, you wouldn't wanna go as-cheap-as-possible because the quality sucks to the point the extension would be coming off in less than a week!

Personally, I think eyelash extension for myself is addictive - just because my typical Asian eyelashes can barely be seen and I want them to show. So, if you are considering to get eyelash extension, I can't tell you where to go but I can share with you some do's and don't's and also how to take care of them.

Do your research
Don't just go to that particular salon just because someone tells you that it's good. Go and google the salon if possible.

Materials
You don't get to choose what kinda glue they use but you get to choose the length (S, M, L) and thickness of your eyelashes. If you're going for natural look, go for S and M. If you're thinking about drama, go for M and L.

Itchiness
After the extension has been put on, despite being itchy, do not go and scratch your eyes. Try not to touch the extension too much to avoid no lasting extension. It will take a few days for you to get used to the feeling of having something stuck onto your real eyelashes.

Facial time
This is the toughest part ever! When you're washing your face, please make sure the water does not touch your eyes. It pretty much means, don't use any liquid on the eye areas else the extension will come off sooner than expected. If you must, please use a cotton bud. Usually, I would take around 3 to 5 minutes to wash my face but when I have my extension on, I would need to spend probably 7 to 10 minutes on my face. Beauty does not come easily.

Make-up
I love my eyeliners and mascara. One thing to bear in mind - since you are advised to not to use any liquid product especially on the extension, you have to avoid using eye make-up as well because at the end of the day, you would need to remove your make-up using a make-up remover. Naturally, the oil in the make-up remover will decrease the longevity of the glue. If you must, use cotton buds to remove the make-up and choose a make-up remover that contains a very low level of oil. As for mascara, since your extension is good enough, you can skip this.... Keep your falsies too because you'll ruin your extension once you take off your falsies - don't waste your money and effort.

Sleeping posture
Lemme tell you - I have the worst sleeping posture ever. I love to put a pillow on my face when I sleep and this habit really ruins my extension. The extension is supposed to face upwards but due to the weight I put on my face when I sleep, the extension faced downwards =.=" Please bear in mind not to turn your face around while you are sleeping because any movement against something might change the shape of the extension. Ladies, you've gotta be a lady!

Glasses
If you are wearing glasses, once you have your extension on, you can consider switching to lenses because the extension is going to hit your glasses no matter what. So, get your lenses ready!

Removing eyelash extension
Contrary to the belief that if you soak your extension with oil, it will come off. Believe me, it won't. You'll end up tugging at your real lashes and risk them falling off. If you really want to remove it, please let the professionals do it because any attempt to do it at home unprofessionally will lead to lesser real lashes. Do not pull the extension off even if you notice it start to peel off already. Let it fall naturally once the glue is no longer effective. I know you're gonna look weird but believe me, it's better to look weird than to lose your real lashes.

Well... those are pretty much what I think I know about eyelash extension. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions. I'll be more than happy to help.

Happy Friday, folks!

No comments: