Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Quick update

Finally, I could get some time off from work to update my blog.

Life has been quite hectic lately. A lot has happened since my last update. I have been meaning to at least post something on my blog but somehow, something always gets in the way.

Anyway, I'll just do a simple update.

Two weeks ago, I was so occupied with my university's first orientation. All of the staff were so busy with assigned tasks that we would stay back after office hours to get things organized. As for myself, I had to return to office to settle a few things over the past month's weekends.

It was tiring but being the pioneer batch has all the benefits. Perhaps in 10 or 20 years to come, when I look back to where I am standing now, I can proudly say that I have done something for the university!


It has been a crazy two-week for all staff in the university because right after orientation, classes commenced.

~ Busy gwiyomi-ing with my colleagues ~

~ Mathematics heroin, Ms. Ting ~

~ Trying to be in the limelight with Ms. Ting, Mr. Kong and Ms. Chien ~

~ Guards at female hostel ~

All of us were basically event planners during orientation. We had to be around at all times to make sure our assigned events could be held smoothly. At the same time, we had to coordinate our events too. It was crazy when I was being assigned to be the planner and coordinator for Talent Night.


I was given 1 to 2 hours to complete the stage decoration and luckily few kind colleagues offered to help. I should have started to decorate the stage earlier but there wasn't any slot in the day that would allow me to do so because the area was closed in the morning until 4pm for other activities.


We even had to rent PA system together with spotlights because the compound is too dark especially at night. Luckily the Talent Night went on well.

I could not express my heartfelt gratitude towards few of my colleagues for offering help at the time I needed them most.

 ~ Confused Dr. Chin and Ms. Ching ~

 ~ My knights in shining armours ~

Okay, just one more picture of the students' performance before I end this entry.


My working life has been really wonderful due to awesome colleagues and there is no doubt about that!

Happy weekday, people!

No comments: