Friday, June 8, 2012

What are you feeling today?

Update - NYX products can now be bought at Colours Cosmetics if you are from Malaysia and Singapore!

Is it moody?

Is it happy?

Is it sad?

Is it disappointed?

Or maybe... I quote from Jackie Chan from The Tuxedo, "This is constipated look!"

LOLX!

Whatever that you are feeling today, hopefully all of you are healthy.

Today, I'm gonna be a little more lame than usual... Since our moods vary from time to time, in order to hide those mood swings, girls, we are lucky because we have lipsticks of different shades to give different moods to those who are looking at us.

I'll be showing you one pretty neutral eye make-up that will basically go with or without glasses.


It can even go with any dresses or occasions depending if you wanna dress it up or down.

What I did to the eyes was just to apply generous amount of Lancôme Hypnose Waterproof Mascara. Seriously, this mascara is GOOD! I like my Maybelline Pulse Perfection so, so much but since it is a limited edition mascara, I don't think I can get more of them. I'm almost done using my third Pulse Perfection and honestly, I am sad but well... until I discover Lancôme Hypnose Waterproof Mascara! Shall rant about it in another entry soon!

Anyway, we were talking about different lipsticks and lipglosses of different shades today. Can different lip colours give different moods?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!


First, I brushed and moisturised my lips for better and smooth application.

Then, I picked 6 of my favourite lips' products as below.


From drugstore to high-end lipsticks... I guess every girl has that, right? It's just personal preferences.

If you wanna know the names of the lipsticks, here goes...


I will list them down for you just in case you can't see it clearly in the picture above. The names of the lipsticks and lipglosses will go by number from left to right.

  1. Stage Wondergloss Lipgloss in Persephone
  2. NYX Round Lipgloss in Ballerine Pink
  3. NYX Round Lipgloss in Whipped
  4. NYX Ronud Lipstick in Honey
  5. Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge in #6
  6. Christian Dior Voyage Collection Lipstick in  #255

So, they basically go from opaque nude to nude to pink to very red.

Here are several pictures of the different lipsticks and lipglosses on my lips. Please do not quote me for anything I have mentioned above because the shades that I like may not be the same shades that you like.


Stage Wondergloss Lipgloss in Persephone is basically a red lipgloss. It is very pigmented so you might wanna go easy on it. I'd say, I love this red shade because it is suitable for dinners, glamorous events or even well, Christmas! Have I told you how much I love Christmas? MOOD - ROMANTIC.

NYX Round Lipgloss in Ballerina Pink is basically near to the shocking shade of pink if you look at it from the packaging but once applied on your lips, it gives you the girl-next-door look. Seriously, you can never go wrong with this shade. I'd say it is suitable for your girls' day out with your best girlfriends MOOD - SWEET.

NYX Round Lipgloss in Whipped is kinda a peachy nude shade which goes really well with smokey eyes. If you wanna play it down, it goes well with neutral eyes. The shade doesn't show up much but it does give you a more plumped lips in pictures and all. Well, this shade is pretty much wearable to all the occasions without have you screaming, "Look at me!" MOOD - LAY-BACK.

NYX Round Lipstick in Honey is well... you can see in the picture - opaque nude which may turn out looking scary especially if you have darker skin tone. It looks scary even on my skin tone. I don't think this is the shade you should be wearing on it's own. Instead, it would be better if you wear it with a pinkish lipgloss or if you wanna neutralize your lips' colours, try this shade, then, apply another lipstick on the top! MOOD - NEUTRAL.

Lancôme L'Absolu Rouge in #6 is a free gift I've gotten when I purchased my Lancôme Hypnose Waterproof Mascara. This lipstick is one of the best long-lasting lipstick ever! I wore it for an interview the other day at Singapore, in which, I sweated terribly because I was wearing high heels and my blazer while walking under the sun. The shade is something like rosey pink and it is quite neutral. You cannot go wrong with this shade too - formal occasions, dinners, celebrations or simply anything! This is a go-to lipstick for me! MOOD - HAPPY.

Christian Dior Voyage Collection Lipstick in #255 is a gift from my aunt few years back and yeah, I know it is yucky but well... it smells good and why waste if it's still in good condition? Initially, I was feeling so sad that I had to use it because I know for sure I won't be able to get more of these babies since they are limited edition. This shade is something like sweet baby pink and if you're into all cutesy stuffs, this may be the shade for you! It goes well with any eye make-up giving it a touch of sweetness and demureness. LOLX! MOOD - INNOCENT.

So, what do you think?

Do all the different shades of lipsticks you have give different moods for different occasions?

Sorry, no picture of constipated look though!

TGIF, people!

No comments: