Thursday, February 7, 2013

Project repairing blush

Hi, wonderful people!

I thought I would just share this short entry with you.

Remember the time when I have posted an entry on how I repaired my Tarte Amazonia Clay 12-Hour Blush? Well... that blush broke on me because I accidentally dropped it!

Yeah, FML and my carelessness!


See what I have done to my beautiful blush?

This time, I figured out I should go and get rubbing alcohol from the pharmacy to put back the blush into pressed form because I can't carry broken blush with me everywhere.

It is true I own other blushes but this baby has to be one of my top favourite blush from Tarte Cosmetics so, I am serious that I would repair it!

I'll share with you step-by-step method on how I have followed instructions on Youtube on how to repair broken blushes, compact powder or eyeshadows.

Step 1 - Pour out all the content of the broken pieces onto a piece of cardboard.

Step 2 - Crush the broken pieces into powder form.


Step 3 - Pour back the powder onto the pan.

Step 4 - Add in rubbing alcohol and press it down with a heavy object and a tissue in between.


The idea of doing step 4 is just so the tissue could absorb the excess rubbing alcohol so that the drying process could be faster.


Step 5 - Leave the blush to dry for 24 hours.


Then, you can put the pan back into the packaging! Yes, as easy as that.

Oh, ya! Since I couldn't find rubbing alcohol packed in bottle form, I bought the alcohol pads containing rubbing alcohol!


Well, it takes more time because you need to squeeze the alcohol out of the pads but personally, since I have all the time in the world, it was not a problem for me.

End result - as good as new!

No comments: