Friday, January 18, 2013

Shangpree Crystal BB Cream

I think I have been doing a lot of entries about BB creams lately.

So, I think it is true that this BB cream craze is quite contagious because from one BB cream, I kinda add more BB creams into my collection. It is quite surprising that for a person like me who doesn't like BB creams in the past, would fall in love with them.

I mean, look at it this way - I still have 3 to 4 BB creams sitting in my make-up drawer after giving away 3 tubes of BB creams to my ex-colleagues. Furthermore, I think I still have a gazillion of BB cream samples scattered around in the drawer.

The other day, the ever-so-nice people at Colours Cosmetics Malaysia sent me some samples from one of the Korean brands, ShangPree. One of the samples was the Crystal BB Cream.


I am the kind of person who always keep all kinda samples in the drawer and then, totally forget about them on the next day but this time around, I made an effort to remember this BB cream because first of all, I appreciated the sample of BB cream sent to me and second of all, I was curious since I had fallen in love with BB cream not long ago.

One pack lasted for 3 to 4 applications because the texture of the BB cream is quite thick.


Well, this basically means, if you're getting the ShangPree Crystal BB Cream, it will last you for quite some time because a little goes a long way. You have to trust me on that because you won't want to waste any product!


On blending, this BB cream blends quite effortlessly due to its creamy texture. Remember when I've mentioned a little goes a long way? I guess you can pretty much see from the picture above how creamy the BB cream is. Well, for some of us, this may be a minus point because it means heavy make-up!

Whenever I try out BB cream, my main concern would be the shade. Yes, I am a typical Asian with yellow undertone. Anything with pink undertone doesn't work on me at all.

Hence, my first thought when I squeezed it out from the packaging and dotted onto my face, "OMG... the shade is too fair for me!"

As far as the application goes, I used my Colours Cosmetics Malaysia's Short Handle Flat Top Foundation Brush to buff the BB cream onto my skin. Well, no particular reason why I'm using that brush, it's just I love it and I find myself reaching out for that brush more often than other foundation brushes I have.

I was right regarding the shade is too fair for me because right after application.

Please don't freak out first - BB creams usually takes about 3 to 5 minutes to set to your original skin tone, hence, I sat around, waited for the colour to change. I guess that is the basic rule of using BB cream, right?

Oh, as far as coverage goes... since the texture is quite thick and creamy, it covers very well!

I almost couldn't see my enlarged pores and broken veins around my nose when I was using this BB cream!

Another pro would be that I won't say this is the best long-lasting BB cream ever but it performs quite well. It lasted for about 3 to 4 hours! Best thing - it did not oxidize to grey colour on my skin!

Make-up of the day - date night with natural look and eyelash extension only just because Ryan doesn't like me putting too much make-up.

Pros
  • Thick and creamy
  • Blends effortlessly
  • Medium to full coverage

Cons
  • Only one shade available
  • Feels 'heavy' due to its texture
  • Does not oxidize much on my skin

I certainly hope this entry would be a little bit of help for those of you who are interested in this BB cream.

ShangPree Crystal BB Cream is available exclusively in Malaysia via Colours Cosmetics Malaysia at RM119 only.

P.S. I am not paid to do this entry.

No comments: