Thursday, October 4, 2012

Getting blushy with Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

I'm sure for some of you who have been reading my blog for quite some time know that I am a big fan of Urban Decay. I love my previous Naked Palette, I like my 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and oh, well, I pretty much adore all the other products from UD too!

Other from Urban Decay, I've set my eyes on Tarte Cosmetics for quite some time but due to it's well... prices and unavailability in Malaysia, I couldn't set my hands on any of their products... until I got to know that some of the products in, especially the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.

~ Courtesy of Audrey @ Buzznet ~

Quite some time ago, I blogged about how to repair a broken blush and I guess you guys have seen the entry which my Amazonian Clay Blush was featured but bad news was that it came - broken and powdered but it was okay, at least I repaired it, right?

Anyway, yeah, I finally own one of the blushes in the collection and seriously, if I have the budget, I would be getting more but no, it won't be at the nearest time. Whatever the reason is, let's take a look at my new baby.


That is my baby, in it's glory!

I adore the packaging and I love every single detail about it, no doubt. The shade I have gotten is Dollface. Initially, I wanted Blissful but I changed my mind after that.


Personally, Dollface is a matte pinkish blush with purple undertone to it. I love make-up products with purple undertones. Pinkish shades like bubblegum pink or any colours near to it always catch my attention.

The first time that I set my hands on this blush was when I unpacked it - bad news was it was broken but good news was, the powder felt so, so, so smooth and soft upon touching! From just touching, without swatching, the blush is so pigmented that you would probably go, "Holy cow!"

I kid you not!


It does not feel like any other blushes that I have tried or own, this is something different and totally unique!

Seriously, I am not sure about you but personally, I have never came across any blushes with such texture for the longest time!


I fell in love with just the first swatch of the blush - the texture, the shade and basically, everything about the blush makes me love it more every time I see it in my collection!

Sounds exaggerated, right? Well, I am not exaggerating - that is the truth!


Dollface looks so nice once you blend it onto your cheeks and guys. You don't need much of the product because it builds up easily and if you have fast hands, you may end up applying too much. I found out that if you apply too much of this product onto your cheeks, it may cake. So, the best way is to start out with a little amount and if you think it is not enough, you can build it up later.

I like the fact that Dollface gives the being-pinched flush on your cheeks upon application. Even though there is no shimmers or shines going on, the blush looks really pretty on your skin.

On the lasting ability of the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, I would say, with primer, this blush stays on for about 5 hours on me after sweating from my jog but without primer, it stays on most probably an hour less or so because I have bad habit of touching my cheeks from time to time.

Moral of the story - wear your primer and never touch your cheeks so often like what I always do!

These amazing Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes retail at Tarte Cosmetics at USD$25 each. If you are a Malaysian or Singaporean and you don't know where to get these blushes locally, all thanks to Colours Cosmetics Malaysia that you can set your hands on these blushes now!

Seriously, girls, I am not showing off or whatsoever but if you have the budget and opportunity, do try out this blush out. There have to be something about these babies that make so many girls crave and rave about it for the longest time!

I guess I will be getting more, maybe some time later!

No comments: