Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rawr for Lioele Gel Eyeliner

I have a love-hate relationship with gel eyeliners no matter what brand it is, until I discovered Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner. I fell in love with it and decided to keep on purchasing it until Physicians Formula stops producing it. When my train case was stolen, these babies were taken away from me and thereon, I figured out that my life would suck without the eyeliner.

Then, I discovered Lioele Gel Eyeliner.


To be honest with you, I don't really fancy Korean cosmetics or skin care products. From what I have experienced in the past, none of the Korean skin care products actually worked for me. As for the cosmetics, errrr... let's just say most of the times, I am not into shimmery and glittery eyeshadows, lipsticks or lip glosses. That's just me - I like everything matte or semi matte.

Anyway, I bought this eyeliner without high hope it will last because my eyelids are quite oily since I have oily combination skin. Most of the make-up I apply on my eyelids never lastes for more than 2 hours without eyeshadow primers. I half-heartedly expect this eyeliner to suck too. LOLX!

The shade I bought was 02 Choco Brown.


I believe there are probably 2 shades available if you are interested. It retails for RM49.90 each but I got mine at RM29.90 only because Lioele was having promotional sales or something. Since the eyeliner was on discount, I thought to myself, "Why not?"


Oh, if you don't wanna do online ordering and stuffs like that, you can always drop by selected Parkson within Malaysia to check out more Lioele products.

Okay, going back to the gel eyeliner. The reason why I didn't end up getting black is because I do have 2 black eyeliners in my collection and I wanted something more down-to-earth and not too harsh, hence, brown it shall be!

Let's start with the packaging... once you get down to opening the box and packaging, this is what you're gonna see...


Obviously, gel eyeliner in the jar with a brush! LOLX!

In fact, I think most Korean brands have similar packaging. Look at the picture below!


From left to right - eyeliners from Nature Republic, Tony Moly and Holika Holika.

Does that ring any bell? LOLX!

I don't fancy such packaging actually. It gets quite annoying especially if I were to bring it around with me when I travel. It tends to poke as it moves around. One of the solution to this problem is to just detach the brush but still, erm... I don't think it will become less poke-y. I prefer just a normal jar packaging.

The gel eyeliner is not user friendly as it claims to be. The gel is kinda hard, I don't know why. I have to warm it up with my hair dryer every time when I use it. It gets pretty troublesome as I need my hair dryer in hand when I reach for this eyeliner.

However, the gel itself is not very pigmented. You may need a few application to make it obvious to the eyes.

The brush makes the application hurts like b*tch! I really wanna love the brush but honestly, I don't... it keeps on poking my eyes no matter how careful I am and brush tip sucks like mad! In the end, I always have to resort to use my own eyeliner brush.

On the staying power of this eyeliner.

HOLY COW!!!

When it dries out and stays put, it will stay put for the rest of the day!!!

That is like.... ah-mazing!

I tried running the dried application under a running tap water and look, it's still there!


At first, I was like, "Ah-okay, it will disappear later!"

So, I went to take my shower. I scrubbed my whole body and you know, the typical stuffs you do in shower. I took no notice of the eyeliner and carried on with my skin care routine. Then, I went to get my supper and bah... to sleep too!

After 8 hours of sufficient sleep, I woke up to brush my teeth and wash my face before going for my morning jog. I know I have had crazy days at home but hey... that's my life if you don't know. When I came back from my jog, I stepped into shower again and you have to believe my expression when I saw this!!!


It was really crazy - I mean, which gel eyeliner can stay put in such manner? Totally crazy staying power!

I have to remove the rest of the eyeliner using make-up remover. I don't think water alone can remove this eyeliner completely.


Well... on the whole, I like the staying power of this eyeliner. It's so much better than my Physicians Formula's but application sucks because of the texture of the gel and also the brush.

Other than that, I have no complain at all.

Regarding if I will repurchase this in future, hmmmm... maybe. Let's just say Lioele needs to put in more effort to improve the texture and creaminess of the gel eyeliner.

No comments: