Friday, June 15, 2012

One of the best!

I don't know about you but I don't have naturally gorgeous, thick and long eyelashes to begin with.


I have typically short Asian eyelashes that point downwards. It gets especially annoying when it comes to applying mascaras because it will forever leave stains on my upper cheeks. It gets annoying sometimes especially after applying foundation or concealer that I need to remove these stains.

Argh!

Hence, I have gotta resort to false eyelashes if there are formal functions. There are times when I just don't feel like wearing false eyelashes because it tends to get irritating and annoying.


Still, I love my false eyelashes. It's just that I don't wear them on daily basis. I prefer my natural eyelashes with coats of mascara to enhance my eyes.

Remember how I've told you that I love my Maybelline Pulse Perfection? It was bad enough when I knew it was a limited edition mascara and thought to myself, "No... there is no way I'm gonna fall in love with another mascara!"

Boy, I was wrong!

I was at Lancôme counter the other day when I told the BC that I wanted to get a mascara that is less than RM100. In fact, I didn't know all their mascaras are less than RM100. Okay, noob me. I never bother to check out their prices in the past.

It was then, I was introduced to Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Mascara.


In the first place, I thought very little of it because I have never used Lancôme's make-up products before since I thought they were and are quiet pricey. It is indeed true, what you pay is what you get. Maybelline Pulse Perfection didn't come cheap. It was priced at RM59.90 while this mascara from Lancôme retails at RM95.

I know, I know, before you freak out at the price, do consider the fact that it is Lancôme we are talking about and it does deliver what it promises!


One fact that I have to admit about this mascara is that it is a wonder! OMFG, it does great job holding my lashes together even without eyelash curler!

I don't know about others but I love the wand of this mascara. It makes applying mascara on the lower lashes so much easier since the wand isn't too big.


Aside from the wand, I like clean formula because I don't like it when my lashes get stuck together after application creating the infamous spider legs effect.

No, no, no!

Amazing, this mascara does a really good job in all the promises it delivers!

Lemme show you a picture and you'll have an idea what to expect if you're considering to get this mascara.


Can you see my lashes are pointing downwards even with the first coat of mascara without curling? Well, they do point downwards!

However, upon second coat, my lashes well... stood up a little. I guess it was just me - I toyed around with different application techniques.


When the third coat was applied... I went like, "OMG!" 

The effect was almost immediate that my whole eye make-up was enhanced!


I thought to myself several times when I was using this mascara, "Finally, my second love!"

LOLX!

The effect was more obvious after I applied it on my lower lashes!


Even with my glasses, the ooommpphh effect could still be seen. I mean, what more can I ask for when a mascara can deliver such effect to stubborn Asian eyelashes like mine?

Plus, it lasted for almost the whole day!


Good things about this mascara are it just waterproof, smudge-proof, long-lasting and available at all Lancôme counters throughout Malaysia.

So far, I don't have any complains about this mascara except for the price. It is expensive but it is okay to splurge once in a while if you can afford it.

Wondering if I will re-purchase it?

Yeah, why not?

It is a good and lasting mascara!

No comments: