Saturday, June 16, 2012

I need a time out...

I am not gonna brag but I do need time out every now and then even though I have not started working officially. The feeling is like, "Geez... I am tired of whatever I am doing and I need a place where I can sit down quietly and do my stuffs."

Do you feel so from time to time?

At the same time, I am someone who is hooked to the internet. I can online 24 hours, 7 days a week but that doesn't necessarily mean I will sit in front of my laptop the entire day. I like it when I can sit down and enjoy my cuppa tea or coffee at a cafe that provides FREE internet.

If a cafe offers great beverages, good food and free internet, I mean, why not, right?

I came across a cafe called Chilla Cup at Mont Kiara at Isabel's blog but I thought nothing about it even though I used to pass by that cafe every morning. I always ended up going to Coffee Bean which is directly opposite Chilla Cup. I don't know why but that just happened. LOLX! Until one day, stupid sister actually proposed that we should go to Chilla Cup since she had been there with her boss before and they offer quite nice variety of food.

Boy, I fell in love with that place right after my first visit.

I guess those of you who are following me at my instagram, @angelvalerie, will know that I love this place - for the great beverage, good food and fast internet. Not forgetting those great and friendly people who work there as well!


Let's talk about my first experience with Chilla Cup.

When I entered the cafe, the first ever feeling that I have was, "OMG, I feel at home. It's so comfortable!" 


It was so comfortable and nice that I spent the next 4 hours sitting in Chilla Cup and did my work. It was a miracle that I could finish a two-month work in just 4 hours. Well, no disturbances and I guess the atmosphere really did work wonders!

Oh, yeah, they have the UFO issue to you upon ordering at the counter. Once your food is ready, the UFO will beep and vibrate.


Let's talk about the food as of now, shall we?

I love food, especially good food with great prices. LOLX! Who doesn't, right?

If you don't know yet, I love my pretzels, sandwiches and breads. Chilla Cup offers a wide variety of pretzels, sandwiches and breads. Lemme show you some of the pictures.

~ Egg Mayonnaise Sandwich, RM7.90 ~

~ Club Sandwich with Chips, RM13.90 ~

~ Pepperoni Pretzel, RM11.90 ~

~ Caramel Almond Pretzel, RM7.50 ~

~ Plain Pretzel, RM5.90 ~

~ Original Pretzel, RM5.90 ~

~ Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream Thick Toast, RM9.50 ~

~ Chicken Burger, RM14.90 ~

~ Parmesan Cheese Pretzel, RM6.50 ~

~ Hawaiian Tortilla, RM12.90 ~

~ Ham & Sweet Corn Tortilla, RM13.90 ~

There you go... your daily dose of carbs. I know carbohydrate is bad but being Asians, I can't go without them! The key is moderation!

If you're craving spaghetti or other gourmets, Chilla Cup has them too. Lemme show you some of the great food I've savoured!

~ Fish & Chips, RM16.90 ~

~ Seafood Spaghetti, RM14.90 ~

~ Dory Fish with Sour Cream Spaghetti, RM16.90 ~

~ Carbonara with Chicken Ham, RM15.90 ~

~ Grilled Chicken, RM16.90 ~

If I am not mistaken, their prices for the food range from RM5.90 to RM16.90 whereas their beverages range from RM5 to RM13.

~ Cafe Latte, RM9.50 (Reg) RM10.50 (Lrg) ~

~ Ice Blended Pecan Praline, RM11.50 (Reg) RM12.50 (Lrg) ~ 

~ Green Mint Chocolate, RM12 (Reg) RM13 (Lrg) ~

Actually, I have tried out other beverages at Chilla Cup as well. It's just, you know, being a glutton, I forgot to take pictures from time to time. I love the fact that they have mint flavoured beverages whereas places like Starbucks and Coffee Beans don't have it.

Good news for those of you who hate hidden charges - at Chilla Cup, there is no service charges and no government tax!

If you don't know yet, Chilla Cup has different value meals being offered every month.


The value meal comes with a free beverage and the price ranges from RM13.90 to RM14.90 only.

For only affordable prices that come together with great people, service, internet, food and beverages, what more can one ask for?

Visit your nearest Chilla Cup today!

No comments: