Monday, December 19, 2011

Stage Picture Perfect Liquid Camouflage

Update - I freaking HATE blogger even more now - why does it keep on re-adjusting my picture when I want it horizontally, it automatically adjusted it to fit in vertical mode? Fucking hate it! I tried re-uploading but it didn't help at all!

Okay, first thing first... I was really busy doing some Christmas shopping for the past few days because, yay... I am done with my thesis and after some editing here and there, Imma gonna be free for the rest of my life! So... I spent my weekend doing some shopping, hence, the MIA from cyberworld.

Anyway, perhaps, I am the last to find out but, two months ago or so, when I went out for a shopping trip withe stupid sister, I found out L'oreal Base Magique is already retailing at our local drugstores like Watson, Guardian and Sasa.


I intended to try this one but since I still have my Monistat Chafing Relief Gel and left with half tube of it, I won't be purchasing any primer any time soon.

Another product that is being raved by a lot of beauty bloggers, vloggers, bla, bla, bla... Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara.


I don't know if I'm gonna try out this mascara or not because my ultimate HG mascara, Maybelline Pulse Perfection is no longer available as it is a limited edition mascara. FML... how am I gonna survive without it? Perhaps, The Falsies will be my next alternative. We'll see, we'll see.

So, for today, I'm gonna do a quick review of what I think about Stage Picture Perfect Liquid Camouflage.


Before I even got interested with this concealer, I was into any sorta cream concealer because I need heavy camouflage around my dark circles since they are hideous and liquid concealers for me, can never do any justice.

Stupid sister got one of these earlier and out of curiosity, I tried it out and well... decided to love it, hence, I went to Stage to purchase two of them, of course from different shades because well... you know, girls can never get enough of makeup and I love experimenting with new stuffs!


These are the two shades I've bought - Ingenue Genie and Temptress.

Lemme try to describe both of these shades. Ingenue Genie for me, has yellow undertone to it. It is slightly more yellowish and darker if compared to Temptress. As for Temptress, it has more pinkish undertone to it - it looks lighter and pinker. LOLX!


I wanted to mix both of the shades but since I forgot, ah well... you'll just have to bear with me because I'm gonna do a simple comparison between these two shades.

~ See, did I tell you not, I freaking hate blogspot? ~

Upon blending these two shades of concealer onto the back of my hand, I found out Temptress actually melted into my skin tone and boohoo... no trace found. It's a good thing if you foundation works like that but if you have dark circles, its not a good thing.

As for Ingenue Genie - it looked way darker! I thought to myself, "Shit, this stuff is gonna make my dark circles look more obvious!!!"

I was wrong...


It ended up Temptress did nothing to cover my dark under eye circles but Ingenue Genie actually camouflaged it pretty well!

As for the blendability if you're asking me - this stuff works like dream to blend with. It melts into your skin like butter and it's not oily at all - I didn't even use mattifying powder or anything to set it, yet it did not set on my fine lines!

So, I guess I'll be going back for this concealer soon just because I freaking love it and since I'm gonna use up my Maybelline Angel Fit Concealer soon, I'm obliged to prep myself for the use of this concealer. Hahaha.

On the other hand, this product is NOT magic, so, don't expect too much if you have worse under eye circles than mine. Cream concealers would be a better alternative though but if you just wanna cover a little bit of your imperfections here and there with a natural and lighter coverage, this product is good.

Check out Isabel's review on this concealer here.

Pros
Blends like a dream - easy to work with. Coverage is light to medium depending on how much you want it but for a natural look, a little goes a long way.

Cons
Packaging sucks a bit. Since the formula for this concealer is more of liquidy form, if you don't store your concealer upside down, the content is gonna spill like crazy when you open the cap!

Those are my two cents but please don't quote me for anything. What works for me may not work for you. Hence, you've gotta experience with it first.

Price - RM55 but I got it for buy 2 at RM20
Product - 4 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Stage Cosmetics @ Midvalley or Tropicana City Mall
Re-purchase - Yes, yes, yes!!!

Have you tried this concealer yet?

** Product is bought using my own moo-lah, I am not sponsored or anything.

No comments: