Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dolly Wink

I think it has been quite some time since I've been away from blogosphere - yes, there have been few bumps on the road and somehow or rather, I fell really hard and this lesson is an expensive one. You should never, ever, ever, ever completely trust everyone around you because you'll never know what they're up too. By the time you realize everything, it might just be too late!

That's a story for another day.

So, I did a look inspired by Tsubasa Masuwaka some time ago but it has been a while since I re-create this look because... erm... in real life, I'm not so cute. Cuteness is not my forte.



Just this morning, I was lucky - I got to try out Tsubasa's infamous eyeshadows! Yeah, yeah, now, now, please don't yell at me in my face because I get to use them while you don't. LOLX! You can always head to Sasa to try them out.



The prices of the eyeshadows range from RM69.90 to RM79.90, in which, I am not too sure if I am right or wrong. Hence, if you're interested, go and check it out, okies?

All of the girls, including myself went, "Aww... I want that palette!" when Tsubasa first released the four-colour palette. Packaging is indeed cute especially if you do love Tsubasa and want to collect all her looks!



I'm not gonna review on each and every palette but I'm just gonna go through 2 out of the 4 palettes available in the market.

The palettes I have chosen for reviews and swatches are Sweet Dolly and also Monotone Mode.

~ Above: Monotone Mode, Below: Sweet Dolly ~

Pretty, I know, right? OMG... The first ever palette I touched was Sweet Dolly. I was very impressed with the quality of the eyeshadows in this palette! Yes, honestly, I am! Having been an avid user of brown or earth-toned eyeshadows, I've came across eyeshadows from wonder to craps and Sweet Dolly definitely has make it to the top of my list!

Geez... The eyeshadows feel so nice upon touch. In fact, it melts onto your eyelids during application, which is nice! Pigmentation is wonderful from what you can see in the picture above. OMG, you have to try out this palette if you love Dolly Wink collection! Application is of course smooth!

As of Monotone Mode, I am not really impressed. Not to say I don't like blacks or greys but this palette, comparing to Sweet Dolly, loses in term of pigmentation and vibrancy. The eyeshadows, especially the silver, is a bit chalky. Say, if you're not a fan of chalky eyeshadow, maybe you can consider avoiding this palette. Pink has the worst pigmentation comparing to the other colours in the palette - I have to double up the swatches to get the colour you are seeing in the picture above.

Price - RM69.90 to RM79.90
Product - Depending on which palette you're picking up
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Sasa or Stardust Studio
Re-purchase - Only for Sweet Dolly

I've never tried cream eyeshadows before. Ah, well... if you considered NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil as in cream eyeshadows, then, okay, I've tried it. LOLX!

Let's put it in another way - I've never tried glittery cream eyeshadows because I'm afraid the glitters might fall on my face and make me look like a fairy!



Hence, I've decided to give these two cream eyeshadows a try! Honestly, I am not into bulky packaging but then again, if it's for collection, then, fine.

These are the swatches for Gold and Crystal.



Gold is a beautiful shade with beautiful shimmers and glitters! No joke, I swear in the name of my hamsters! It applies smoothly and effortlessly! Not much comment on this because I don't really use glittery eyeshadows. As of Crystal, just like it's name, the colour you'll get upon swatching it, white with shimmers and glitters but for me, this shade is total crap! I don't know about you but it did not feel good on my eyelids - rough and the colour just didn't show up like how Gold did! No likey!

Price - RM69.90 to RM79.90
Product - Depending on which shade you're picking up
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Sasa or Stardust Studio
Re-purchase - Only for Gold

Ah... lovely Saturday, ain't it? LOLX! Alright, I shall go and continue cursing some scammers. Meanwhile, if you're free, do drop by these two pages for a visit because you have to know how scammers work nowadays and please, please, please, don't be a victim because I've been a stupid person to trust them, thus I was cheated.

Since it's weekend, do spend some time going through the pages below because prevention is always the best way so, avoid this fugly person no matter what if you stay around Setapak, Wangsa Maju, Bangsar or KLCC.

Fan page created by victims for Ryan Ooi Zhi Rong

Official blog created by victims of Ryan's scams

Ryan's official page

I have been a victim and I want someone of higher authority to put a stop to what he is doing because the hard-earned money that we've earned is meant to be spent on ourselves and our loved ones, NOT for the sake of being cheated by a person called Ryan Ooi Zhi Rong whom you thought is a friend but behind that mask, is a person worse than a beast! He could even scam his best friends and also classmates.

Well, people of TAR College, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, beware of Ryan Ooi, just pay the websites above a visit so that you'll be aware if this guy approaches you!


** Product is bought using my own moo-lah, I am not sponsored or anything.

No comments: