Friday, February 10, 2017

2016, how did you just flown by so quickly?

Well, it's officially the second month of 2017 and honestly, I wouldn't say I'm ready or anything because everyday passes by quite monotonously for people around my age. Everyday is like a routine - you wake up in the morning, you do your stuff and then, you head to work for 9 hours before heading home for the night.

Does that sound familiar to you?

Anyway, I'm gonna share some of my 2016 best products with you today. These are the products that I tend to reach more almost every day of my life. In 2016, I kinda stopped dolling myself up to work because I found out that in my line of job, it's kinda unnecessary to even put effort to make-up. However, there were still days when I woke up, feeling like putting some make-up on.

In no particular order, these would be my picks.

Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Colour Quad in Sandstorm


These shades are not exactly your most pigmented shades but for an everyday look, I definitely think this quad does it's job well. It's not overly on the top for work and if you want to wear this for functions, yes, just layer them up and you're good to go!

I love the fact that you can easily bring this on-the-go. I used to pack a big palette if I ever go traveling but ever since I bought this earlier in 2016, I found myself reaching out for this quad every time when I travel around. It fits easily in my handbag too!

Maybelline Hypersharp Power Black Eyeliner
I have always been using Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner in the past but due to unforeseen circumstances, I decided to switch to cheaper alternative. I had tried so many liquid eyeliners in the past that promise being waterproof and smudge-proof but more than often, I ended up being a panda. Until when I almost gave up, I discovered Maybelline's liquid eyeliners. These eyeliners are cheap and best of all, they're waterproof!

I especially love the one in Power Black (red packaging) because it is really black and yeah, it's waterproof, baby!

IOPE Air Cushion XP Cover 


Honestly, I started using cushion foundation sometime around November 2015 and decided to love it as the application is easy. Over the duration of one year I have tested out a lot of cushion foundations yet, I still find myself reaching for this particular cushion foundation from IOPE.

The coverage is just nice - not too thin and not too thick. If you need more coverage on certain days, you can still layer it up to suit your make-up.

Missha Tension Blusher in Lavender Basket



Ever since I jumped onto the bandwagon of using cushion foundations, I have started to test out cushion blushers as well. Out of a number of cushion blushers I have tried, I have fallen in love with this particular formula and shade from Missha.

The product, although is not very, very pigmented, does leave a healthy glow on my skin whenever I use it. I did try layering the product to make the blush shade shown, yeah, it worked - every single time!

SKII Facial Treatment Advanced Protect Loose Powder UV
I received this loose powder from my brother as my birthday gift 1.5 years ago and have been using this ever since then. This is by far the best loose powder I have ever tried and I have eliminated other loose powders ever since this baby came into my life. The powder is finely milled and it always leaves my skin feeling smooth whenever I use this powder.

Although I did make-up every single day, there is still a whole lot of product left! The only downside to it is that it is not travel friendly as it it quite bulky.

True Dimensions® Lipstick in Pink Chérie
This is my go-to lipstick whenever I go to work or even if I have any function to attend to. I don't really wear a lot of pinks but this particular shade of pink from Mary Kay really kills it! It is not overly pink to the point it is difficult for Asian skintones to wear this color.

I am a MAC NC20 to NC25 and this shade looks beautiful on my lips!

Biore Micellar Cleansing Water


Biore has always been my No. 1 make-up remover brand. I started using Biore make-up remover in my early 20's and been loving it so, so much even up to now. Quite some time back, they actually introduced micellar cleansing water and ever since then, I've been using this one.

This particular cleansing water removes even the most stubborn mascara but with a few tries, of course! This is water based after all.

banila co. clean it ZERO 'PURITY' for Sensitive Skin

On those days when I use waterproof and smudge-proof make-up, this product will be my saviour! It removes even the waterproof mascara without much effort needed.

Do bear in mind that this make-up remover isn't exactly cheap, that's why I don't really use it all the times.

Burberry Brit Sheer Eau De Toilete


No matter how many perfumes I have tried in the past, I found myself always going back to this particular perfume from Burberry for more.

I don't know how to describe the smell but well... elegant? It's not fruity nor flowery. I'd say it's close to musky but it's not so heavy to the point that it's overpowering.

Laneige Firming Sleeping Pack
For lazy nights when I don't feel like using any sheet masks, this is what I've been using and by far, the best sleeping mask I've used. 

In 2016 alone, I have used 3 jars of this sleeping packs and yes, I am on my 4th jar now. This sleeping mask promises to firm up your skin as you sleep. Best of all, you wake up with nice skin!

However, just like any other sleeping masks, you have to wash it off in the morning. If you don't, probably you'll be prone to break outs later in the day since this is much heavier than their water sleeping pack.

Laneige Multi Cleanser
Hands down - best cleanser ever in 2016. 

It washes off make-up and any impurities on my skin every single time I use it. It's magic that the cleanser doesn't strip off my skin's natural moisture!

Those are all my HGs for 2016.

In 2017, I'm hoping to discover more gems out there if possible.

What are the products that you enjoy using in 2016?

No comments: