Thursday, January 12, 2017

Jen's Wedding

It has been quite a while since I babbled about my life. Well, things get pretty hectic as you age, I guess. At least for mine, yeah, I have been busy trying to juggle personal issues and work. No matter how the ending is, life is quite good now. I mean there are ups and downs but life goes on.

About a month ago, I flew back to Kuching to attend one of my close friend's wedding and believe me, it was indeed one of the grandest weddings of the year. The entire wedding episode took us around 2 days 1 night to complete and I flew back to KL the next day after the wedding due to work commitment.

If you have been following me on my social media, you would have known that I was one of the bridesmaids. To be honest, it was kinda embarrassing to be wearing all the same dresses and flower crowns at my age but well, I mean this could be the last time would ever be a bridesmaid because age is catching up.


Jen told me that her wedding was all that she had ever wanted as a child. Indeed, from the way I look at how meticulously Jen planned her wedding, I would say it's every girl's dream wedding. The church vow took place in St. Peter's Church, Padungan.

I didn't manage to take a lot of pictures because first of all, I went there alone, without any friends hence, there wasn't anyone to help taking pictures but everything turned out good in the end because I made new friends.


I didn't catch the bouquet - I failed terribly and miserably. LOL!

Everyone was telling me, "Angel, go! You should go and catch the bouquet!"

Yeah, I failed... hahahaha... I do realize the more you want something, the more you're not going to get it!


After the wedding vow, we made our way to Amphitheater Kuching for photoshoot session. When I got there, I was awed - it was the first time ever I have seen wedding pictures taken with a drone. I was secretly telling myself, "One of these days, I want this kinda photoshoot for my wedding too!"

God knows if I'd ever get married this lifetime.


Have you had enough of the bridesmaids?

Now, let me show you the groomsmen!


I'm sorry if the pictures aren't clear :)

We went over to the newly-wed's house for photo-shoot as well!


After the morning session ended, we retired back to the hotel to get a quick rest before being ushered to a beauty salon booked by Jen for makeup and hairdo.

The session took around 2 hours as we had to wait for everyone to complete their makeovers.

Jen's wedding reception was held at Sarawak Club. All of us were awed at the decorations and how they have set up the entire place!


It was indeed a job well done for Jen and her team.

I finally managed to take a picture with the ever so popular and beautiful Gwen after hearing so many good things about her! It was indeed an honour!


Please bear with me, two more pictures to go and we are done :)

A compulsory group picture with the newly-wed...


Last but not least, the gang of cool people whom I have made friends with over the 2 days I was in Kuching.

To everlasting friendship!


Whilst to Bart and Jen - Happy Wedding and may the Lord grant you with many children! Stay happy and blissful!

No comments: