Friday, November 11, 2016

Wonder Woman x Missha M Magic Cushion

I was a bit overwhelmed when I went to Korea last year. Part of it was because I didn't know what to buy although I did have a shopping list ready. The first outlet I actually stepped into was Missha. The only reason I went into Missha was because I wanted to pick something up for my sister.

Then, I came across Missha x Wonder Woman collection.


Honestly, I was never a big fan or Wonder Woman nor will I be one in future. However, when I got to know that the entire collection was on sale, I went frantic! I picked up two of the cushion foundation for 6000 won each (without refill), which was approximately RM24 at that time.

Just in case you are wondering about the differences between the blue and red packaging. Well, check out the picture below.


You can clearly see in the picture above that the cushion foundation with the red packaging gives a more matte finish whereas the other one gives a more dewy finish. So, that basically means the read one is for those with oily skin while the blue one is for those with drier skin. I wish I knew about this early. It was due to communication breakdown that I couldn't get what the beauty assistant was trying to tell me in one of the Missha outlets - I purchased the read one while my friend got the blue one.

Here's a picture of my purchase.


Nothing too spectacular because the packaging looks exactly like any other cushion foundations out there. To be honest, it is rather bulky comparing to the other foundations that I have. Well, I shan't complain about that.


The shade that I have gotten was No. 23 and for your information, I am a MAC NC25 and Korean foundations in the shade No. 23 suits me. So far, I have had no issues or problems with the shade at all and if I ever do in future, I'll let you all know.

If you are able to read Korean, here's a snap of the ingredients.


Just like any other cushion foundations out there, do make sure that your new cushion foundation are sealed. If it's not, you know it's not a new cushion foundation.


Anyway, the product does feel a bit to the thicker side if you'd ask me. I was really having high hope on this one since I was having really bad acne breakout at the time I wanted to start using this product. I was secretly hoping that this product could cover really well because all these years of using Missha BB cream, I've loved it so much to this very day!


Honestly, I was a bit worried on the consistency because my skin was in terrible mode and this product felt thick!

I was almost certain I wouldn't like it from just one swatch right at the back of my hand.


Negative thoughts aside, hence, I braved myself on applying the foundation on my skin.

There is nothing special with the application - all you need to do is just to pat the product using the puff onto your skin. Do note that it may take a little effort to blend the foundation onto the skin.


Indeed, with it's thicker consistency, this cushion foundation is able to give almost full coverage. Even the red veins at the side of my right nose is almost fully covered!

I was a bit shaken after half an hour of application because this foundation actually has the white cast effect - a really strong one if you're taking flash photography.


Gosh, I wasn't really ready for that.

I thought I saw a ghost in my reflection - like seriously!

However, under normal lighting, it looks quite okay.


Now, I am going to show you the differences of with and within the product on my skin - be prepared to be amazed!

I did not edit or photoshop my pictures at all and I am baring my skin to all of you.


Looks quite okay but please be prepared for a scare because you're gonna get it now! Imma show you one taken with flash photography.

Are you ready for it?


Wwwwoooooaaaaahhhh??!!

I showed it to the mister after the application and he got so shocked when he looked at me in real life. He said to me, "Please stop using that foundation! You look like a ghost!"

So much for a supportive other half, huh?

After a while, I came to understand the reasons why he said I resembled a ghost when I use the product.

The cracking kicked in just about one hour later and the cracks were pretty bad too!


The foundation sunk into my pores and made them more obvious. I saw streaks and streaks of foundation! Yikes! Blending was already so tedious and this was the result I got after an hour!

Honestly I was a bit disappointed on that day when I used it for the first time.

If you must know, I have already given away this foundation to a friend of mine who loves it.

No comments: