Friday, October 16, 2015

Taiwan 2015 - Day 3

Rise and shine!

All of us woke up early on Day 3 because we hired a cab to bring us around Taichung. Honestly, the best way to travel around Taichung was to hire a cab because public transport is not so accessible in the town.


We wanted to pay a visit to the Second Public Market to try out some local delicacies but our friendly cab driver, whom we called Da Ge, wanted to bring us to another destination for breakfast. He told us that a lot of tourists prefer to go there instead of Second Public Market.

Well, we kinda listened to him and off we went to Yonghe Doujiang.


We certainly didn't regret his recommendation because all of us enjoyed our breakfast so much! Five of us ended up with a $430 bill and it was very, very affordable.

I particularly love the egg roll so much!


Another one of the highlights would be what I called - yau char kway wrapped in roti canai. Erm... I have no idea what they call it in Taiwan.


I did notice one thing - breakfast in Taiwan is usually very, very high in carbohydrate but why are all the girls so skinny in Taiwan?

Life is not fair!

After breakfast, Da Ge brought us to this biscuit factory that sells awesome Tai Yang Bing. OMG... if only I could carry all those delicacies back to Malaysia, I would do so but sadly, I couldn't.

Our next stop was Tunghai University.


Tunghai University is famous for its beautiful scenic natural surrounding. There are so many trees and plants in the university that it is no wonder the air is fresh there!


I certainly wasted no time to camwhore - forced Aaron to take pictures of me while I posed like mad. Hey... I didn't get to attend universities overseas so, Imma needed to pose, okay?


We walked into the nearest cafe, which is located in the university's compound after being touristy for about an hour or so. The weather was exceptionally hot on that day that I couldn't stand the heat. I told them I needed cold beverages.

Before heading into the cafe, this was that I did.


I took a picture of butts - so, who has the biggest and roundest butt?

LOL!

After cooling ourselves down, we had another mission - Tunghai University is famous for their in-house milk ice-creams and milks, of course!


We had to try all of them!

This is me, acting all cute!


Ice-creams - checked!

Milk - checked!

Next stop would be Luce Chapel, which is also located within Tunghai University.


We practically spent around 2 to 3 hours in the university.

Our next destination was Carton King Creativity Park.


If you have never heard of Carton King, it is basically a park. The unique thing about this park is that everything you are going to see in the park is made out of cardboard or better known as paper.

The entrance ticket was $100 but claimable. You can use the $100 voucher to purchase goods in the park - totally worth it!


Hey, I met my prince charming's white horse in Carton king!

I had to climb up the horse and pose!


I am not gonna ramble about Carton King but I would let the pictures do the talking.


Wrapped up our visit to Carton King around 2 hours later and headed to Dakeng Lover's Bridge.

Seriously, I had no idea why all of us should visit the bridge because none of us were lovers and I wasn't interested in bridges but since Da Ge insisted it is a tourist spot in Taichung, all of us obliged.


We spent about 30 minutes camwhoring and then, off we went to Yizhong Street - yay, shopping time!

All of us went crazy because stuffs there were quite cheap. Food there was cheap too!

When we got tired, we walked over to Chun Shui Tang, which is known to be the place of origin of bubble milk tea.


None of us ended up ordering milk tea because we were too full from dinner at Yizhong Street.

The beverages there - nothing to shout about.

Our last stop of the day was at the infamous Miyahara.


The scenic view in Miyahara was breathtakingly beautiful.

I completely refused to believe that Miyahara used to be an eye hospital!


Now, you tell me, how beautiful can a building get?

I can totally get married in the building!


Miyahara specializes in cookies, biscuits, moon cakes and ice-creams. Even though we have heard mostly negative reviews about their infamous ice-creams, we still decided to try out their ice-creams because reviews are quite subjective.


The ice-cream does not come cheap - please refer to the picture above for the prices.

They have a wide selection available to satisfy everybody's taste buds.


You are even allowed to choose your own toppings!

They are in fact quite generous with the toppings depending on how many scoops of ice-creams you opt for. We opted for 3 scoops (max) and we were asked to choose 3 different toppings.


Our most expensive ice-cream yet - $480.

I had to camwhore with the ice-cream!


LOL!

After Miyahara, we went back to the hostel as we were getting ready to hit the club. The rest was history!

No comments: