Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Buffet feasting at BBQ-K @ Mont Kiara

I kid you not, eating has to be my middle name.

Although most of the times I would be preaching about losing weight but the truth is, I love food too much to totally ditch it.

What is more satisfying than a good buffet?

A good buffet with bottomless meat, meat, meat and more meat!

Stupid sister and I settled for Korean BBQ Buffet at BBQ-K, Solaris Mont Kiara to satisfy our crazy meat cravings.

Personally, I feel like BBQ-K at Solaris Mont Kiara is a bit country-style restaurant. My apologies that I did not take any picture of the interior design in the restaurant. I forgot to even take pictures of the entire restaurant because I was too hungry when I got there. Certain pictures posted here are courtesy of the bloggers stated on the pictures. If you wanna know more, you can visit their websites as well.

So, the first thing stupid sister and I did - we attacked the appetizer bar.


We were too hungry to wait for the meat to be cooked so, we went ahead and fill our tummies with a bit of traditional Korean appetizers like kimchi, japchae, kongnamul and others.

They do have decent number of appetizers to satisfy all your cravings but alas, again, I forgot to take pictures. The only picture of appetizer that I took was kimchi-bokkeumbap.


Kimchi-bokkeumbap is kimchi fried rice.

I am not a big fan of fried rice but because this is kimchi fried rice, I love it. The flavour from the kimchi that they used to fry the rice was really good - I love a good ol' kimchi anytime!

Then, we moved on to the meat, meat, meat, meat and more meat section.


Basically what we saw on the day we went to BBQ-K was the same as what VKeong's pictures portrayed. I'm sorry that I forgot to take pictures.

The selection on the day was quite wide actually. Lemme try to recall what they served on the day we went there - bacon, marinated pork belly, beef, lamb and chicken (soybean paste, gochujang, soy sauce), squid and probably yakitori too.


We started out with marinated pork belly and squid because I told them I wanted squid instead of pork. Stupid sister on the other hand, was more attracted to the pork belly so, you can more or less see in the picture below that the staff barbequed both for us.

Oh, if you are not into barbequeing for yourself, the staff at the restaurant would do it for you.


However, if you would want to savour each and every moment barbequeing for yourself, you may tell the staff that you would like to do the grilling on your own - they'd be happy to oblige.

Stupid sister and I opted for the staff to help us because we were all dressed up, reading for our shopping spree after the big meal.

On the whole, the grilling experience was fun and carefree because there will be someone to assist you.


However, if you were to ask about my opinions on the food, read on for my verdict.

I am quite a skeptical person when it comes to ordering pork outside. I am always turned off my the porky smell or taste that pork has. The pork belly and bacon served at the restaurant on the day I went there was really too porky to the extent that I couldn't eat much of pork - stupid sister had to gobble everything down else we would have to pay penalty for not finishing our food. I didn't like the bacon at all.

Conclusion - the porky smell of pork is overwhelming.

The only meat that I found decent on that day was the beef - it was juicy and the thickness was just right. The chicken and squid were okay as well - nothing much to shout about.

I liked the appetizers though - quite a lot of selection available.

They are serving beverages from orange juice to sik-hye to green tea to coffee to tea. 

Fruits are available as well.

Desserts are also served but upon request.

We ended up without dessert because we were too full.

Total damage - RM120 for two pax.

For the price we have paid for, the meal was worth it. Imagine going into any Korean non-buffet restaurant and you order Korean BBQ. You will have to fork out at least RM200 to satisfy your tummies.

Do take note because they do have different prices on different days and occasions.
Price (Business hours: 11am to 12am):
Monday - Closed
Lunch (Tue - Thu) - Adult RM45 nett, Children RM20 nett
Dinner (Tue - Thu) - Adult RM60 nett, Children RM30 nett
Lunch & Dinner (Fri - Sun) - Adult RM60 nett, Children RM30 nett
Plan your visit to get the best deal, okay?

If you are not anywhere near Mont Kiara, BBQ-K does have two other outlets within Klang Valley. Addresses are as below.

Mont Kiara Solaris branch
15-3, Soho KL, Jalan Solaris 2,
Mont Kiara, 
50480, KL
Tel: 03-6206 5539

Sunway Giza branch
D-08-01, Block B, Sunway Giza,
Jalan PJU 5, Kota Damansara, 
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 018-220 0710

Sri Petaling branch
No, 22A-1, Jalan Radin Bagus 3,
Bandar Baru Sri Petaling,
57000 KL
Tel: 011-3994 0013

Happy grilling, people!

No comments: