Thursday, June 18, 2015

MAD About Coco - seriously!

It has been a while since I last visited any cafes, especially after my Eat Me Dessert Cafe @ Bangsar experience.

Since Bangsar is a little too far from where I am staying, this time around I decided to go to Publika instead. Well, at the same time, I could pay my girlfriend a visit there as well since she's working there.

I have passed by this cafe called MAD About Coco several times but I never really stepped into it yet. The signature Afro hair really caught my interest since quite a while ago and I've told myself that I would go there one of these days.


Finally, Miss A and I made our way to MAD About Coco.

Of course there is bound to be obligatory pictures outside the cute cafe, with the Afro logo.


We managed to take good shots that day due to the good lighting outside the cafe. It was at the same time as well, Miss A, wanted to pose like a supermodel.


Well,  she is one good example of the case of being overly exposed to her ex-supermodel manager!

If you do not know yet, MAD About Coco is a cafe revolving around chocolate and more chocolate, that is why it is called 'chocolatier'. You can actually put it as 'heaven for chocolate lovers'. They are serving desserts like crepes, pancakes, waffles, churros and a number of other sweet treats. However, if you go there on an empty, stomach, fret not because they do have savoury food like pastas, sandwiches and burgers.

When we entered the cafe, the ambiance caught us by surprise! Both of us actually loved the vintage vibe that the cafe has - it was indeed a comfortable cafe.


We went over to the counter to make our order and was given a No.13 as our table number. If you are a first timer here, they do have menus on each of the tables but you would have to order and pay at the counter.


Then, just like any typical cafes, you may return to your table and soon, your beverages and food will be served.

As you are waiting for beverages and food to be served, you may even spend some time taking pictures because at MAD About Coco, Afro hair props and big chunky glasses are prepared. Miss A and I went crazy over the Afro hair and glasses!


Seriously, we did enjoy ourselves - probably enjoyed ourselves too much at MAD About Coco. There were so many things to talk about since we had not seen each other for quite some time.

Picture-taking session went mad with all the props as well!


Okay, I am not gonna be lame about the props. Let's continue with the beverages and food.

Miss A opted for the classic Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows while me, being the typical coffee fan, I ordered a cuppa latte.


I know I should be ordering their signature chocolate beverages but then again, I was feeling a bit heaty due to the weather and chocolate would be one of the food that I would need to avoid until I have fully recovered.


Just to let you know, when you are opting for Hot Chocolate beverages, you have three choices of chocolate you could go for - white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate.

The differences?


White chocolate is the sweetest of the bunch and with the lowest cocoa intensity whereas dark chocolate isn't that sweet but it comes with highest cocoa intensity.

Be sure of what you want before you order.

Just in case you are wondering, here are snapshots of their menu.


For those of you who are not chocolate lovers, still, they have coffees, teas, juices and sodas.

Since I was feeling so under the weather and decided not to take heaty food, we totally skipped desserts. Although we did wanna try out their signature The Innocent Devil Tiramisu Ball, we ended up not ordering because Miss A was feeling unwell too.

I have checked online and saw so many fantastic pictures of their chocolatey desserts and these pictures certainly do tempt me...

~ Pictures courtesy of Malaysian Flavours ~

Verdict?

Miss A actually liked her Dark Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows so much that she intended to go for the second up if she wasn't feverish that day. The verdict on my latte - not the best I have tried so far.

However, I will certainly be going back for the desserts very soon!

If you're thinking of visiting the cafe, here are the addresses of their two outlets in KL.

Publika
A1-01-09, Solaris Dutamas,
No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1, 
50480 Kuala Lumpur

Fahrenheit 88
Lot 01-03 (01) & Lot 01-03 (02),
Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur

No comments: