Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Going Japanese

I think I have not blogged about food for the longest time! Ah, how I've missed nice food!

Seriously, for the first time ever in the history of being a foodie, I actually craved and craved for Japanese food. When I was still in KL, Japanese food was never in my preference list. Maybe because there is abundant Japanese food there and you can almost get them anytime, anywhere. Since I've moved back to my hometown, having fresh and delicious Japanese food is almost impossible because there you couldn't even find a slice of fresh salmon in the market!

So now, I learn to appreciate Japanese food - this is sad...

Whatever it is... on one particular day, I decided that I should and would have Japanese food by hook or by crook!

Off we went to Yamamoto. I have heard about this Japanese restaurant since quite some time ago but I have yet have the chance to go there.

When we stepped into the restaurant, the atmosphere was pretty decent - it was soothing and comfortable. Business was exceptionally good that day. It was really lucky that we could get seats as soon as we got there. We placed our orders but something unexpected happened...

I craved for rice but they told me that if I were to have rice meals, I would have to wait at least 40 minutes because they ran out of rice. I was like, "WTF?! Sushi is made from rice too so, do I have to wait for 40 minutes for my sushi-s to be prepared?"

The waitress told me, sushi is preparing using different type of rice so, I opted for ramen in the end.

I was quite disappointed with the ramen honestly - they overcooked it and the noodles were gooey and yucky. Eeeww... the broth was nice though. Luckily I shared the ramen with stupid sister or else I would be throwing away half bowl of it.

My advice is not to order ramen in Yamamoto because another 4 of my friends who ordered ramen commented how sucky it could get.

One thing that made us not quite happy with our dining experience - we were told that if we were to order rice set, we would have to wait 40 minutes for the rice to be fully cooked. In the end, we waited for about an hour for the ramen to be served.


Should have learned to be more patient.

We were laughing about, wondering what 5 of us should do with the two California rolls!

No comments: