Monday, December 3, 2012

You're like a tattoo to my heart!

Tattoo is one of things in life that I would never try because I am just not daring or adventurous enough. Yeah, I am as timid as so. Sad, right?

That is on tattoo but when Maybelline came out with their own version of eyeshadow tattoos, I was over the moon! I thought to myself, "Finally! I am able to tattoo myself!"

Yeah, literally tattoo-ing the eyeshadow onto my eye lids.

I'm pretty sure most of you have heard about the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow, right?


Sad to say this but these wonderful babies are not yet available in Malaysia. I got mine from Colours Cosmetics Malaysia. I'm not sure if they are still available but you can always try.

I bought four of the shades because I figured out I wouldn't be using other shades on everyday basis. I have gone adventurous enough to pick up a purple shade and told myself that I would find myself wearing more colours rather than just sticking to neutrals!


The shades I have gotten are Too Cool, Bad to the Bronze, Painted Purple and Tough As Taupe.

OMG... I almost screamed my lungs out to see the beautiful colours! I tried taking several pictures of the shades in the packaging but honestly, no pictures can show how beautiful the shades are!


Too Cool is a muted white shade with slight shimmer in it. It works well if you just want a wash of colour on your eye lids. This shade can also be used as highlighter and believe me, it is a gorgeous white!

Bad to the Bronze is obviously a bronze shade with glitters and shimmers in it but you don't have to worry that it would feel harsh on your eye lids. Despite of the shimmers, it does not feel harsh at all! I find this shade appears a little like gold on my eye lids - surprise?

Painted Purple is a purple shade with very minimal shimmers in it. Among all of the shades I have gotten, the pigmentation for this shade is the worst but considering the purple swatches quite nicely, I'm gonna ditch the thought that purple doesn't work for me.

Tough as Taupe is a matte taupe-y colour. Yeah, if you don't like shimmers or glitters, this is the shade for you. I have no complain at all.

All the shades I have gotten are quite pigmented.


I have tried out all the four shades on my eyes and honestly, I love all of them! I'm thinking of getting more or should I not?

The eyeshadows are very creamy! For some people, you might find the creaminess quite annoying because it creases! Best way to make the cream eyeshadow stay put - use your eyeshadow primer and powder eyeshadow to set it and I guarantee you there would be no creasing or whatsoever!

At the same time, I tried out the lasting power without primer or eyeshadow - these babies stay put without creasing for about 4 to 5 hours on my oily eyelids. Creasing is minimal without primer.

The eyeshadows are really pretty and wearable on its own that if you are as lazy as me, you don't even need to top it up with other eyeshadows.

Best of all, you can also use it as eyeliner and they are gonna stay put!

I will try to snap more pictures of me wearing these babies real soon. Meanwhile, I'm gonna think hard if I should re-purchase other shades!

Happy Monday, people!

No comments: