Friday, July 13, 2012

Take the day off

Normally, I won't be spending on a fortune to get makeup removers because first of all, I found my love within Bioré and it is so affordable. Secondly, I don't want to spend too much since I am not rich. 

The other day, one of my girlfriends was actually talking about Clinique's makeup remover and she raved about how good this product is and she has been going back to get more. I was sceptical because I have countless experience with not-worth-the-money makeup removers. I hate tuggings especially when I need to remove my mascaras. 

Since this girlfriend has few sample bottles lying about in her room, I bought one of them from her for only RM10. I am not quite sure of the actual retail price though - about RM100, I guess?

It is called Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover.


From the appearance, this makeup remover does look good and at the same time, it's purple, one of my favourite colours! LOLX! I'm not gonna comment on the packaging because mine is not the full-sized product instead, I will be sharing with you on my experience with this makeup remover if you are interested to get one for yourself.

The product looks something like the picture above. You may see different layers of products within the packaging and that normally suggests one thing - you have to shake it before using.


Yes, time to brace yourself up and shake your bum bum!  

Of course you don't need to shake your bum off. LOLX!

So, after the two layers of mixtures are mixed together, it should look something like this...


When I was getting the product onto my cotton pad, I was hoping it wouldn't feel oily because Bioré makeup remover does feel a tinge of oiliness but I still love it because it works!

So, I soaked the cotton pad with the makeup remover and pat it gently onto my eyes to remove the makeup.


After about 15 seconds, when I removed the cotton pad, I was like, "Woah!"

It does work! Best of all, no oiliness felt although the product does look a little oily in the packaging.


The foundation and concealer came off

 It was so obvious because I looked something like this...


Hopefully, I didn't scare you guys out. Hahaha... I was freaked out how well this makeup remover actually works. Just 15 seconds and my eye makeup is removed!

After that, I soaked up the second cotton pad to remove the entire makeup on the left side of my face and yes, you don't need a lot of product to remove everything with this makeup remover.


Perhaps, one cotton pad for each eye and one each for both sides of the face. Calculation of cotton pads use  is 4, where normally, I would use up to 5 to 6 pieces.

I will definitely purchase the full-sized product once my existing makeup removers are finished.

No comments: