Friday, June 22, 2012

Clinique Pore Minimizer, are you sure?

I don't know about you but in the past, I have neglected my skin. I used to have the stupidest hobby to squeeze my pimples, acnes blackheads as well as white-heads.

For those of you who are still in your teenage years and reading this entry now, believe me when I say, "No, you should never ever, ever squeeze your pimples, acnes, white-heads, blackheads or whatsoever!"

By the time you realize you have enlarged pores, it will be too late to regret so, if your hands are feeling itchy, well, go and do something else like scratch your butt manicure, pedicure or whatsoever!

Anyway, if you're someone like me who have enlarged pores, well... honestly, I don't really think something can be done when the pores have formed but, you can always shrink the size of the pores with certain products.

Remember? I did an entry on Lancôme Visionnaire and how much I have liked the product?

The retail price of Visionnaire is RM295 for 30ml and that is seriously expensive. So, after I was done with the product, I searched for a substitute and someone introduced Clinique's pore serum to me. I wasn't expecting much because Clinique's pore serum is only one third of Lancôme Visionnaire's price.


However, do not mistaken this serum with another product, which is the pore filler, I think. I'm unsure of the exact name of the pore filler but well, this is serum.


Another thing is that, I don't think this product is available in US or Europe because I've tried googling it up for information earlier but there isn't anything available on it. Even on Clinique Malaysia's official website, I couldn't find it too but it is available over Clinique counters.

I wonder why.

Okay, first thing first. Let's talk about this serum.


Clinique Pore Minimizer Refining Serum retails at RM125 for 40ml.

Is that average, affordable or cheap?


I'd say that the price is quite okay actually, considering one tube can last for 2 to 3 months depending on your daily skincare routine. I am on my second month and I still have maybe, one third of the product? 

As seen in the pictures above, this serum comes in tube form, which a lot of us will like since it is more hygienic. Once the product is squeezed out, you will notice milky substance.



The product itself is quite runny and watery. So, you have to be extra careful not to squeeze too much of it since it'll be wasted if you do.

The product feels like silicon but I was told it is not silicon by the BCs at Clinique. Weird, huh?


The weirder thing is that this serum is applied only after your cleanser-toner-moisturiser routine.

Huh? Huh? Huh?

I got those question marks when I heard about it when I bought it. I mean, usually, our routine should be cleanser-toner-serum-moisturiser but well... that's Clinique for you.

Once applied, you will immediately feel your skin being smoothed as if you have a baby-smooth skin. I kid you not - I feel the difference every time I use it.

However, yeah, the downsides of this product... actually, it doesn't do much justice in minimizing the size of my pores. Nah, it does nothing even though I've been using it religiously day and night for two months.

Lemme show you the pictures...

~ 1st Day ~

~ 7th Day ~

~ 12th Day ~

~ 20th Day ~

Honestly, at the end of the first month, I got a little agitated because I didn't see any differences in the size of my pores. Nada, nada, nada!

I told myself, "Perhaps, a little longer..."

So, I continued using it for a while longer...

~ 32nd Day ~

~ 40th Day ~

Finally, on the 45th day, I gave up. LOLX!

Gave up as in giving believing that this product would shrink the size of my pores... sad, huh?

~ 50th Day ~

Perhaps, I should really consider getting  Lancôme Visionnaire after this but well... I am still in the mid of job-hunt and I have an interview coming on Monday. Hopefully I will get this job and when I get my first month salary, Imma gonna get  Lancôme Visionnaire! Hahaha!

Aherm...

Although this product doesn't do a good job in shrinking pore sizes but I do find it is good in something else.

If you're looking for a product that controls the oil production, well, get this product!

I am not joking. It really did a great job in controlling the oil production for more than 8 hours!!!! Yeah, I refused to believe it when I first started using it and guess what, I have purchased the second tube just because it really controls the oil production so, so, so well that you won't feel oily throughout the day.

Best of all, if you're using this product on your T-zone, well, one tube can probably lasts up to 4 to 5 months!

My purpose on getting the second tube - oil-control instead of pore-shrinking!

Anyway, have any of you tried this out?

No comments: