Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bling, bling, baby!

No lies but I love anything that blings!

The bling-ier, the better!

So that brings me to a girl's best friend, DIAMOND!

Tell me, how many of you, girls out there, don't fancy diamonds at all?

Do I see a raise of hand?


We are all aware of blings like jewellery and diamonds. I am pretty certain, we girls, are aware of blings for the face too, right? Not bling as in sticking diamanté to your face or stuffs. Bling as in, making your complexion more radiance!

Did I hear anyone whispering GUERLAIN?

Yeah, the infamous high-end brain, Guerlain, no mistake!


Familiar? Erm... if your answer is a no to my question, consider the picture of the product below.

Convinced?


Guerlain Meteorites - you are right but sorry, this entry is not about Guerlain but something similar to it. I'm sure you've come across Guerlain Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer if you've been around the beauty blogs since ages ago.


I'm not sure about it's price but I positively know it is gonna be hella expensive!

It's Guerlain, okay?!

You guys know what? There is always an alternative to high-end brands. So, Etude House was smart enough to come up with a product with similar packaging and claimed to deliver similar effect as Guerlain Meteorites Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer.

It is known as Etude House Precious Mineral Make-up Essence.


I don't know about you but I sure was attracted to the product when I first saw it on the shelf. I mean, yeah, the packing is pink and it is cute and Korean brands are well-known to have adorable packagings. So, I went over and picked up this product.


Yes, that is how the product looks like when you take it out of the box - shiny pink pearls and oh-so-purple cap. Is it me or something else that makes me think that the packaging of this product is oh-so-girly?

Yes, quite princessy and girly!


Up close and personal, this is how the pearls in the packaging looks like.

Good thing that this makeup essence comes with a pump.


I know how much all of us hate digging our nails into pot-packed products. There are times when tube products aren't our best friends so, pumps are always the best!

So, just like any typical girl, I've heard about Guerlain's meteorites but I've never tried it before so, I thought, this product would work similarly like Guerlain's meteorites. I tested it out on the back of my hand. At the time I was trying out this product at Etude House, I did not manage to snap any pictures but I did so when I got back home. Here are several pictures of the product out of the pump.


OMG... all pink and glorious! Upon pumping out the product, the product does glimmer in the presence of light but you can't see it in the picture.

I tried taking another close-up shot at the product but the glimmer just wouldn't show...


After a good application... here is a picture of the swatches...


On the whole, I don't know if you can see it, the side with the makeup essence looks shimmery. This product is supposed to add radiance to your existing skintone. I guess that is what the shimmery effect is for, right?

Then again, this product also promises a more lasting foundation or BB cream application.


I don't know about you but I don't think it does deliver what it claims. Within 2 to 3 hours, my foundation started to slide upon using this product. It also makes me feel oily and disgusting because I personally think this product this chalky upon application. The product doesn't dissolve easily and you need a good rub to dissolve it.

Even my Monistat Chafing Relief Gel does better than this makeup essence.

Just in case some of you are wondering, here's a picture of the ingredients.


However, there is one personal liking for this product - the fragrance!

I don't want to lie but this product smells really good - it smells of spring and flowers, if you know what I mean.


Hahahaha... Lame, right but I do like the scent of it... that will be my only plus point to it.

Okay, I've to warn you all to be ready for the next picture because it was taken right after I got out of bed and before applying makeup. I'm gonna show you the differences on my face - with and without the product.

Taa-daah...


Yikes!

Ugly!

Anyway, to be honest, I don't there is any differences on both sides. Take a good look if you need to. You may even click on it to enlarge the picture.


It did not make my skin looks more radiance or glowing but well... what can I say?

Luckily, I did not end up buying it or else I'll be the one regretting big time because it doesn't come cheap at all. At half of the price, you can get a product that works better especially if you have combination to oily skin like mine.

Stupid sister on the other hand, said the product is okay because she did not expect a lot from it when she bought it so, the disappointment level is quite low. I wasn't disappointed too but I didn't get it as well. LOLX!

But if you're interested, you can always head out to the nearest Etude House outlet and get a bottle of this essence to try it out yourself.

Pros
Nice fragrance and very princessy packaging. Hygienic because it comes with a pump! Not overly shimmery.

Cons
Product needs a good rub to dissolve. Feels chalky and oily. Doesn't last long, probably around 2 to 3 hours on combination to oily skin. Doesn't make my skin looks radiance or glowing at all.

Price - RM69.90
Product - 1.5 out of 5
Packaging - 4 out of 5
Availability - Etude House
Re-purchase - No

Happy Witchin' Wednesday, people!

No comments: