Monday, March 12, 2012

Strip it!

If you know me well, you would know how much I adore Mandom Express Cleansing Water. Why? I have naturally quite oily to combination skin, so makeup removers that come in oil forms do not do me justice because I hate the greasy and oily aftermath feeling even though facial cleansing comes next.

So, Mandom Express Cleansing Water certainly does job as it claims but the thing about this makeup remover is that it doesn't remove waterproof mascaras well. I guess it is probably because it comes in water form and water doesn't work well for waterproof stuffs.

When Bioré released the new makeup remover, I was over the moon because for quite some time I was into the Bioré Cleansing Oil Cotton Wipes. This product is really good because it thoroughly removes my waterproof and smudge-proof mascaras. The only setback for me is due to the price, I know some of you think it is cheap but personally, I don't think it is cheap but it's more towards OKAY sorta price. This is because you tend to use more when it is in tissue form.


Due to it's price, I moved on to using the remover in oil form - Bioré Cleansing Oil. Yeah, as the name suggested, it is in oil form - very oily form. The best part of this product is that it smells of apple, geddit? Yeah, fresh apples!


The price is okay, depending on which time and where you get it from. I got mine for RM17.90 only at Guardian during sales.

The only downside to it is that, it gets a little messy and it always gets into my eyes during cleansing. Sometimes, it blurs my eyesight for a while until I wash it off with clean water.

Bothersome!

Anyway... after Bioré released the new makeup remover for Eyes and Lips, I waited a bit until there was sales and got it for RM25 at Sasa.

I have been using this for more than 3 months now and I have to admit, I am loving every bit of it. If I were asked to describe this product, it is a product there oil and water are combined - sort of like that.


Well, the picture says everything - above layer is oil whereas bottom layer is water. Err... something like that but don't kill me if I'm wrong. LOLX!


In order to use it, you've to shake it before using so... shake your bum away before using! After shaking and mixing, you'll notice the product will be mixed. Thus, get your cotton pads ready and pour desired amount onto them before the product separates again.


Okay, now for the review part...

The other day, I went for a sponsored photoshoot and bah... I wasn't too keen or impressed with the overall shoots because I wasn't supposed to wear a t-shirt, in which I did. Hey, nobody told me anything about not wearing t-shirt, okay?!

This is one of the pictures taken on that day.


The rest is history!

I am not gonna share because I think I looked horrendous in my t-shirt and mini skirt. Sheesh!

Lesson learned - you've gotta look your best whenever you're out.

Anyway, here's a close up eye makeup done by the artist. I thought I wanted green but in the end I chose neutral shades because yeah, I am not too adventurous by nature.


I love the gradient...

Oh, here are two full shots of my makeup and hair - I love my hair in that state!


Hahaha... I was trying to go for demuring sexy look but failed terribly because that photographer said I am more of the cute instead of sexy type of girls.

WTF?! Hahaha... I don't like being cute!

I hate being being in fact! Hahahaha... so, don't tell me I'm cute, okay?

Well... the fun part - removing the makeup. This was what happened with just one sheet of cotton pad soaked in my new Bioré makeup remover.


Amazing, isn't it?

Even my Mandom Express Cleansing Water cannot perform so well!


Hey, that's good enough for just one wipe, okay?! Hahahaha... I am IMPRESSED everytime I use this makeup remover.

Hence, me likey. Hahaha. Anyway, here's my two-cent.
Pros
Quite affordable! Best of all, effective - does as it claims! Easily available throughout Malaysia or maybe, throughout Asia? GOOD!

ConsNone to date.
Price - RM25 to RM29.90
Product - 4 out of 5
Packaging - 4 out of 5
Availability - Watson, Guardian, Sasa and almost everywhere!
Re-purchase - Yes, yes, yes!

Have you try this out yet?

No comments: