Saturday, March 17, 2012

As cool as green tea

I know some of you are gonna strangle me alive because I've been talking about food in consequently two of my entries. Anyway, I am still gonna talk about food today, in this entry. Hahaha... today, it's about healthy food.

It is none other than green tea!


It is healthy, right? A healthy beverage!

Sometimes, healthy food can be processed into yummilicious desserts, right? Hehehe... yes, sinfully yummilicious!

Well... you can always head out to get these desserts or maybe if you're a little health conscious like me, you can opt for green TEA instead. Hahahaha.

Green tea in fact is beneficial if we were to add it into our skincare routine!

Lemme brief you on the benefits of green tea.

  1. Fighting Free Radicals

    Catechins is a type of antioxidant present in green tea that aid in fighting skin damages caused by free radicals that might leads to premature ageing of the skin.
  2. Neutralizing UV Light

    Acts as UV protection if you are under the sun. In severe cases, over exposure to sun might leads to skin cancer.
  3. Preventing Skin Cancer

    The antioxidant effects in green tea actually helps to prevent skin cancer. A daily intake of green tea may help to lower the possibility of developing cancerous cells.

    A tinge of lemon added into green tea can also boost the antioxidant's anti cancer properties.
  4. Rejuvenating Skin Cells

    Green tea can miraculously rejuvenate old skin cells that are at the end of their life cycles. In another word, it also means reversing ageing effect.

    Please bear in mind reversing and preventing are two different things, so don't quote me if you don't understand the two terms.
  5. Fight Inflammation

    Green tea has powerful anti-inflammatory effect. If your skin is very sensitive and often red, products containing green tea extract may help soothe it.
  6. Improve Psoriasis and Dandruff Conditions

    People with skin conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea, and dandruff which are caused by inflammation, may benefit the most from the anti-inflammatory action of the chemicals in green tea.
  7. Soothing Acnes and Lightening Skin

    Catechins are anti-bacterial that decreases hormone activity. Researchers noted the green tea cream seemed to lighten patients' skin color and improve the overall appearance of their complexion.
So, there you go... a simplified benefits of green tea just for your information.

Well... the main thing is still... we need to get into product review, right? Hahahaha... I am sorry if the introduction is a little too long.

Our star of the day is Tony Moly Ice Queen Crispy Green Tea Pack.


I was dying to get this product before Tony Moly even started in Malaysia. I have heard about the Ice Queen range and the only thing that really attracted me was the packaging. You should google the range up to know why I was obsessed with the packaging - super cute!

I got this product during MOFEW last year and at a discounted price of RM35. If you're gonna get it from Tony Moly, the retail price is RM59.90 each.

When you remove the lid, you will see another protective lid inside. The reason is easy - to prevent product from spilling.


Kinda sleek, I guess...

When I was at this phase of lifting the lid inside, I was super excited because I was half expecting another creamy product but when the lid was lifted, I was a little disappointed... I don't know why.

It looks something like this...


Clear, green gel product with green tea pulps inside.

I was thinking, it smells good, it should be working good at least. I mean, I don't expect things to forever be working great but at least, deliver effects if you want me to re-purchase. I bet there are a lot of you who agree with me.

Anyway, I'll show you a picture of the product being applied on the back of my hand - without rubbing, massaging or anything.


Honestly, the only good reason why I enjoy using this product is because it smells good. Other than the fact that it does smell good, I don't think there is anything that is worth re-purchasing.

Okay, that's for me, not for you because I know there are people who love this product.

So, if you're gonna massage and rub this product, you can actually feel the pulp on your face.


How this product works is actually quite simple. Like any other wash-off masks, all you've gotta do is to apply this product on your face and massage gently. Leave it on for maybe 15 to 20 minutes. After that, wash your face with warm water.

As easy as A-B-C, right?

I found out I have an issue pertaining the use of this product.

Whenever I wanna wash off the product after 15 minutes or so... it is quite difficult due to the stickiness. I've to rub, rub, rub my face in order for the product to come off.

One advisable thing you should do if you're using this product is, use it before showering. You'll thank me later. LOLX!

Another thing is, I don't hate products that deliver no effects but I will just stop buying them. As for this product, no... it doesn't work for me. I don't feel like skin getting any better. I don't feel my pores being tightened or anything.

Other than smelling real good for kisses on the face and feeling kinda refreshed, nayyyy... it doesn't do anything to my skin at all throughout the 3 months of using it. No pore-tightening effect. No whitening effect. No moisturizing effect.

Anyway, here goes my two-cent...
Pros
Cute packaging. Nice green tea smell that lingers even after washing it off. Refreshing.

Cons
Quite expensive for a product that delivers no effect.
Price - RM59.90
Product - 2 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Tony Moly @ Sungai Wang
Re-purchase - No

I always get disappointed if the product I've always thought would work ended up not performing as it claims so... you know how I feel about this product. As much as I love green tea products, this one is a big NO-NO for me.

No comments: