Friday, November 18, 2011

Rapunzel

You know, the thing about you've been busy in life, trying to straighten things up as well as to get hold of your life. Well... like always, all the stuffs that happen around you have forever keep you busy, then, you won't have time to even realize, "Eh, it's night already?" or maybe, "Eh, my 30th birthday is coming next month?"

I am in that situation.

True enough I have resigned from my job last month and been rushing my thesis like mad. Not to mention I am an night owl, so... more than often I'd procrastinate or sleep in the morning and when it comes to around 10pm or so, I'll start my engine. That's my life for you. I know it's horrible so, you don't need to remind me. Thank you.

The other night, when I was trying to turn in about 3am, I read Say's tweet and she linked an entry written by Xiaxue regarding the truth about keeping your long hair.


How could I missed that entry?

*slaps self*

Anyway... well... I haven't really been noticing the length of my hair until stupid sister pointed out the other day, "Hey, your hair damn long! Much, much longer than mine!" I mean, it has been forever that stupid sister owns hair longer than mine and earlier this year, she went and trimmed 2 inches off the original length, leaving her with longer-shoulder-length hair.

Then, being a meanie like I forever am, I told her, "You stupid, why did you have to go and cut your hair? I haven't cut mine in 2 years!"
See what I mean?

This is the length of my hair now.


Sorry about the messy hair because I just got out of bed - it was taken early morning, okay?

Back to our topic - long hair. I'm gonna give you all a survival tips on keeping your hair healthy and long like mine.

*coughs, coughs*

Be grateful that I am willing to share my secrets!

  1. I have split ends and my hairdresser says I should trim off the split ends to speed up my hair growth.

    I have to admit, split ends are torturing especially if you're trying to grow your hair. It's unavoidable that our hair is exposed to a lot of chemicals everyday. For once, I USED to love dyeing my hair. If you know me well enough, you'd notice my hair colour changed two to three times a year. I knew it was unhealthy but then again, it didn't stop me from dyeing my hair because I never grew to like my original hair colour. My original hair colour is not the typical black or brownish black. I inherited the hair colour gene from mum and well... I have a little reddish dark brown hair. Mind you, my mum is NOT angmoh, so, don't judge! There is NO angmoh within the family history.

    Apart from that, I loved doing rebonding and also digital perming to style my hair every 4 to 5 months too. I knew it was bad but it didn't matter because, girls will forever be girls!

    With all the dyeing, straightening and perming, finally the chemicals have finally taken its toll on my hair when I noticed... argh... SPLIT ENDS!!!

    Nooooo... don't listen to any hairdressers out there that tell you, "In order to have longer and to speed up the growth, you have to trim off your split ends." Instead, tell them, "It's my hair and you don't tell me what I want to do with my hair. You listen to me."

    Go and figure this out - everyone has split ends and if those people with shorter hair keep on trimming their hair, you tell me, how long does it take for the hair to reach your desired length?

    What you can do is - go back, take a pair of scissors, sit under the sunlight, try to just cut the split ends off piece by piece. This way, you'll still maintain the length of your hair without paying the hairdresser and also save the money from traveling to salons!

  2. They said frequent combing of your hair will aid in growth of the length of your hair.

    Bullcrap!

    Try combing your hair while your hair is still wet and see what will happen. Instead of being happy, you'll see in HORROR your hair starts dropping strand by strand from the root! I kid you not! Let your hair dry up a bit before combing, it'll make the whole process easier!

  3. I don't trust in serums, what can I do? Can I substitute it?

    Oh, honey, the trick to keep your hair healthy and shiny is to slap on generous amount of serum! Okay, here comes the tricky part, good hair serums don't come cheap, so, if you keep on slapping the serum onto your hair, in no time, you'll have to re-purchase the serum again.

    Generous amount doesn't mean like you've to pump the serum out 10 to 20 times. Generous means just enough! So, don't be stupid, okay?

    Personally, I prefer to massage the serum onto my scalp and then, afterwards, I will apply another product to treat the tip of my hair.

  4. What other haircare products do you recommend?

    I have been using this Korean 3D Fruit Oil for 2 years and believe it or not, my hair becomes healthier, just like what the boss told me 2 years back. He said to me, "I can guarantee you'll come back for the second bottle!" Well, I did and I went back for the third bottle!

    Drop me a line if you're interested, I'll see what I can do to help.

    Seriously, just one bottle can last up to 7 to 8 months depending on the length of your hair and how frequent you use it.

  5. I heard people saying you can only wash your hair every alternate day because if you practice washing your hair on daily basis, your hair will be very dry.

    Craps!

    I wash my hair everyday - shampoo and conditioner! Treatment is done like once a month because I am lazy for your information.

    My scalp produces oil just 10 to 12 hours after every shower so, imagine if I forget or feel lazy to wash my hair, geez... yucks... I can't stand the oiliness of it and sad to mention it, it'll flatten my hair as well. So, if you fancy flat hair, do it and if you don't wash it.

  6. I love hair dyes but I heard hair dyes are bad so, now, they've introduced hair dyes without ammonia - I can haz great hair colour!

    No, no, no, no, no... not all hair dyes without ammonia is good. You'd better head to the salon and get your hair done because believe me, I regret after dyeing my hair with Liese Bubble Hair Colour 2 years ago. The colour was kinda wonderful but not UUUMMPPHH and only after 2 or 3 months, you'll get to see the effect.

    What I experienced was - hair was exceptionally dry. That was terrible but worst of all, my hair started falling like MAD!

    Lesson of the day - go to the salon to dye your hair and don't get Liese if you're someone like me.

There you go... I've shared 6 of what I know with you and what I am doing to keep my hair long and healthy. You've gotta keep it long and healthy because for me, I'm loving the length of my hair now and I intend to let it grow longer because with long hair, you can almost do all the styles you like.

First, you can wear it straight...


If you're bored with straight hair, try volumizing it by using curling tongs for a sexy date night out with the boyfriend of just when you're hanging out with your girlfriends.


If curly hair is too much for you to take, try beach waves - it's natural and well... sexy as well! It all depends on your likings.


Let's say curls and waves are not your type, you can keep your hair straight and simple by just putting on accessories.


Long hair is great, right? Well... what can you say?

So, what do you do to keep your hair long and healthy?

No comments: