Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Etude House Moistfull Massage Mask

I am not a big fan of sleeping mask or whatsoever product that you need to apply before heading to bed because I know for sure, the product will stain my pillows as you know, yours truly has really bad sleeping posture.

Enough say.

When I first heard a close friend of mine raved about Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, I was curious how this sleeping mask thingy actually works.


I wasn't even aware of this brand at the time when it first entered Malaysian market but when that friend of mine purchase the whole line of strawberry yogurt skincare line, I did not even bother to try it out. She told me how amazing all those products were back then and her sister who used the Water Sleeping Pack told her that it was really good.

Well... typical me back then - one ear in, another ear out.

As age catches up with me, I've decided to indulge a bit in my skincare since I see fine crowfeet and also wrinkles already nowadays.

Like I've mentioned, I am not a big fan of sleeping masks or packs or yada, yada, yada but at the time when I visited Etude House, they were having promotion for this sleeping mask cum massage cum pack. LOLX... Basically, it's a product with 3 different usages - how amazing can it get, right?


Well... lemme just list down the directions of usages for this product just in case any of you are interested in it.

For massage - apply gel to face, massage for 2 to 3 minutes and rinse off with warm water.

For pack - apply ample layer to face, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off with warm water.

For overnight mask - apply ample layer to face, leave on overnight and rinse off.

So, that is the information that you'll find on the packaging.

My first impression on this mask was actually very predictable. I was drawn to it by the fresh floral smell of the product. You guys know how anal I am about smells. Even if a product works wonder and it smells horrible, it's less likely I will repurchase it unless it's something like overnight magic, then I may consider.


Anyway, the other reason that drawn me to purchase this product was because at the point of time when I purchased it, I was facing problem with flaking skin due to dehydration. I figured out since I was already facing problems with open pores and oily skin, it was less likely I was going to add another skincare product into my list.

Hence, the best way was to get something like sleeping mask. Coincidentally, Etude House was having promotion, so, I got the massage mask at RM19.90 only.

The texture of this product is something like gel. It doesn't feel runny and actually it was quite difficult to scoop up the product since the gel feels quite solid.

You don't really need a thick layer of product when you are applying because it does feel heavy upon application.

Another reason that made me purchased it was because - hey, this product was HUMONGOUSLY huge! No kidding, okay?! RM19.90 only for 180ml and no jokes - it can last you for at least half year even with daily application!!!

Remember? You don't need to apply a lot of product because a little goes a long way? So, normally, I only need the amount below for my whole face and neck as overnight mask.


I don't really fancy using this stuff as pack and massage purposes because normally after cleansing my skin, I don't like any other stuffs except for toner, serum, essence, eyecream and moisturizer to touch my face. I even hate it more if I need to cleanse my face for twice in a night because it'll strip off all the moisture!

Thus, to lock down the moisture, I use it as sleeping mask. The picture below is when the gel is being applied.


Upon application, I am not gonna lie - I didn't like it in the first place because it felt sticky - very, very sticky. I figured out it could be due to the fact that I've applied too much of the product. So, on my second try, I applied less and it still felt sticky.

So, after a while, I came to term with the stickiness of the product because I am loving the fresh floral smell.

The absorption is a little slow, probably it'll take like 10 to 15 minutes for the product to be absorbed by your skin and another 5 to 10 minutes for the stickiness to reduce.

~ I am definitely NOT naked ~

I was just comparing the size of the product to the size of my face. LOLX!

Well... honestly, after using it for the past 3 months, I can finally conclude that this is a product that you can really just forego. You don't really need it in my opinion because, well... it does nothing to my skin and booooo... I don't feel the moisturizing effect that the product promises and yeah, no improvement.

The thing I dislike about this product is - no scoop is given and yes, you've to dig the product using your fingers and it's NOT hygienic considering the product comes in HUGE amount that you're less likely gonna finish up in a month or so and the more you dig, the product will be more prone to be exposed to bacteria.

I don't hate it but it's just something you may want to skip if you're on tight budget because there are other products in the market that'll work better for you.

For me, I use it for the sake of using it. I mean, you have it, use it, that's all.

Pros
Affordable if you were to compare this to Laneige Sleeping Pack - a lot more product. Nice fresh floral smell that comes in pink packaging and pink gel content. Thick, so a little goes a long way.

ConsUnhygienic - please provide a scoop or change the packaging. Doesn't really provide any UUMPPH outcome upon usage. Product absorption is SLOW and it feels sticky and will remain sticky for quite some time.

Not to say I am dissapointed because I got it for RM19.90 at the time of promotion, so, yeah, I will still continue to use this product but God knows how long I'd need to finish it up. Let's cross our fingers and hope I don't dump this product away.

Price - RM39.90
Product - 2 out of 5
Packaging - 1 out of 5
Availability - Etude House
Re-purchase - No

Have a great working week, people!

2 comments:

Isabel said...

The only sleeping mask Ive tried is by Bio essence. I think it's the blue ATP one o.0 I noticed a big difference in the morning every time I used it.. Like smoother and moisturized. but it;s sticky =/

Angel Valerie said...

Hahaha... are you still using that by the way? Aih... I kinda regret getting this one because it comes in such a HUGE size and it's less likely I can finish it within the next 2 months or so.