Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mermaid or whale?

I guess it has been quite some time since I have blogged about the weight issue. Well, honestly, even though I know I am fat and stout, since I haven't get a lot of people commenting about that, I am okay with that.

This morning, when I was going through my facebook, I saw this interesting write-out.

Well, mermaid or whale, take your pick!


A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was, "This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?"

The story goes, a woman of unknown clothing size, answered the following way...

"Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans). They are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness."

They entertain themselves like crazy with the dolphins and eat a lot of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia. They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on CDs. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defends and admires them."

"Mermaids do not exist."

"But if they do exist, they would line up to see a psychologist because of having split personality: am I a woman or fish?"

"They would have no sex life and could not bear children. Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad."

"Who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?"

"Without a doubt, I'd rather be a whale."

"At a time when the media tells us that only by being thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to have fun with my friends." "We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies."

"We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated. Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself, "How amazing am I? "

At the end of the day, I'm not sure how many of you would agree to the fact that we all are actually looking at mermaids more than whales. Even for myself, I'm trying to fish my very own merman even though I know such thing like perfection doesn't even exist in this world.

Do I feel beautiful about myself?

Err... honestly... no... Hahaha...

Anyway, I'll leave that for you to ponder.

Ciao, people!

5 comments:

Baby Bee said...

I am fat angle...haahah but I am always happy with myself...nevermind what people say..I wear anything that I like and some times I feel sad when people tease me but then I am still Fat..the notes makes me think that's y I have lots of friend even I am not the most beautiful person in the room but I definitely glow better than everyone....so I guess I am proud that I am plus size girl....

Isabel said...

That's actually a nice picture.. I think it's not 100% about the weight but how you dress and act too. IMO as long as you're not obese (hence risking your health), it's okay to be any size..

Angel Valerie said...

Hey, girls... I guess all of us girls do aware that girls are often exploited by the media and according to media, in order to be beautiful, we've gotta be slim!

They're not thoroughly true but they are not thoroughly wrong. Isabel is right, as long as we are healthy, just ditch what others say about us.

Well... at least I've been to that stage where people jeered at me for being 100kg. I am proud to be me now.

Thanks for the comments!

Nicole said...

model in photo is Tara Lynn, famous plus size model that went on French Elle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/26/french-emelleem-features_n_514800.html#s76284

Angel Valerie said...

Hey Nicole, yeah, I just got to know that but well, she's beautiful!

Thanks for dropping by!