Thursday, September 15, 2011

Look into my eyes...

Spectacles have always been my best friend. I am not afraid to admit that I am short-sighted because there's nothing to hide and I wanna get Lasik Surgery done and nothing embarrassing as well. Glasses or spectacles are fashion icons in this century!

I started wearing contact lens at the age of 16. Back then, even though there are such thing as cosmetic or colour lenses, still, I was unsure I would try that because I thought these lenses were for ang-moh wannabes. Well, I take back my words because even though I do wear colour or cosmetic lenses now, I have no intention of turning myself into an ang-moh. I am proud to be a Chinese.



A while back, I ordered two pair of lenses from Classic Geo Lens - Super Barbie Vanna and Super Barbie Lush, if I am not mistaken because I only own Super Barbie Vanna while the other pair belongs to my sister. Packaging was really neat when it came.



I was thinking, "OMG... the packaging is pink! So cute!!!" Like all my life, when I ordered lenses online, there wasn't a chance for me to even bump into a packaging like what Classic Geo Lens has provided.



Lenses were securely wrapped with bubble wrap, which was good. When taken out of the packaging, everything was in good condition, including the boxes for lenses. The owner was really smart to take out the lenses and separate the boxes to maintain the shape of the boxes!



Super cute pink boxes, right? I guess I should continue wearing Barbie Lens because I love pink packaging and everything pink exception for pink lenses. Well, I don't mind trying out pink lenses if I have the chance but then again, I think pink in the eyes will look weird on me.



Anyway, lemme show you a picture of the lens itself.



Honestly, I don't really fancy lenses with thick rims on the side because I think it'd look fake in the eyes. After much browsing through of the website, finally, I ended up choosing Super Barbie Vanna in Grey because they ran out of Super Barbie Hybrid.



The lens is 15.8mm in diameter which is like 0.18 wider than the normal colour lenses. I do not like anything wider than 16mm.

When inserted into the eyes, this lens however do not appear to be wide. Personally, I'd say, it doesn't even look 15.8mm, which is good because they look natural in the eyes!

Warning, girls, I don't know about you but have you heard the saying that goes there are no ugly girls but only lazy girls. So, my take is, if you're on colour lenses, put on some makeup! I'm sure you don't want to end up looking like an Asian zombie, right?



Guess what? I first wore this lenses to my friend's wedding and I got a lot of compliments from other friends that these lenses look so nice and natural! LOLX!



On lazy days, if you don't feel like putting on makeup, just eyeliner with the lenses will brighten up your whole look!

I tried wearing this lens for 12 hours in a row and it doesn't feel dry at all. For your information, this statement might differ from an individual to another individual. What works for me might not work for you. So, beware... if you're a starting out with colour lenses, it is advisable to approach your optician or even, just wearing them for less than 6 hours to test them out.

Pros
Not drying in my eyes. Does not feel irritable as some lenses do. Affordable at only RM23 per pair inclusive of shipping.

Cons
None

In a nutshell, I am happy with this purchase and yeah, I will be wearing them more often or perhaps, going back to get more pairs.

Price - RM23 inclusive shipping
Product - 4 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Classic Geo Lens
Re-purchase - Yes

**Lenses are yearly disposable but advisable to be disposed after 6 months for hygiene purposes.

** Product is bought using my own moo-lah, I am not sponsored or anything.

No comments: