Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wet n' Wild Silk Finish Lipstick

During one of my previous NPB haul, I picked up several Wet n' Wild Silk Finish Lipsticks but then I didn't get to use them since I gave them away to my sister and also cousins.



Erm... I don't know why I gave them away but I guess it would be due to I have too many lipsticks lying around in my makeup storage. The shades I've bought were 516C - Sunset Peach, 547B - Breeze, 501B - Tokyo a Pink Pink and 520E - Hot Paris Pink.

Well... I was supposed to keep Tokyo a Pink Pink for myself but since it was my niece's birthday, I gave it to her as a birthday present.

So, recently, stupid sister gave one of the WnW lipsticks in her possession to me in the shade Sunset Peach but alas, the bullet was broken. Well, I did try out Michelle's technique of putting the lipstick bullet back to the casing but then again, it doesn't really work, I don't know why.

Here's a swatch of Sunset Peach if you're interested!



The colour is true to the picture I've seen on NPB surprisingly!

It isn't bad for the price. If I am not mistaken, I got them for around RM7 each. So, it was quite a deal.



Just like it's name, it has a silky finish and of course, expect a very smooth and creamy finish too.

As much as I am not a silky, shimmery or frosty finish person, this lipstick is not extraordinarily silky, shimmery or frosty. It's good enough but still, I'd prefer it to be matte though since I have oily skin and if I tend to use too much of silky, shimmery or frosty products, I'll always end up looking like I've slapped on tons and tons of products on my face.

If you're looking for a lasting lipstick, I don't think this will be your choice because the colour faded on me like crazy every time I used it. It wouldn't even last up to 2 hours or so. Hence, you'll see me applying the lipstick like mad every 2 or 3 hours!

No comment on the packaging since it's just so, so for me. Nothing special and nothing to shout about but it sure looks a little cheap though. LOLX!

Erm... nothing much to complain on its price though. I will consider to get some real soon. Let's see how things go since I'm in the mid of trying to find a matte orange or coral lipstick for that spring/summer inspired looks.

Price - USD$1.10
Product - 2 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - NPB, Cherry Culture, Walmart
Re-purchase - Yes, why not?

No comments: