Sunday, March 13, 2011

ELF Studio Blushes

The thing I love about LYN is that you can always get branded or non-branded products at considerably cheap prices - hey, what is not to love when you can get MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow for around RM50++ when the original price ranges from around RM80 to RM110, right?

Well, I won't be talking about MAC or anything since the title of this entry as being seen is about ELF Studio Blushes. I got them for RM10 for both and RM10 is inclusive of FREE postage. So, isn't it worth it?



Initially I was lemming towards Peachy Keen but instead, I got Candid Coral and Mellow Mauve. Well, let's see if Peachy Keen will cross path with me or not, shall we?

So, let's take a look at Mellow Mauve and Candid Coral as of now.

~ ELF Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve ~

~ ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral ~

They look promising because my initial impression was that they could be really pigmented but I was a little wrong. Well, not really very wrong, just a little.

~ Mellow Mauve, Candid Coral ~

Well, I love Candid Coral! It's VERY pigmented and probably you'll need around 2 applications.

On the other hand, Mellow Mauve is a little disappointing - really! I swatched once on the back on my hand and guess what? No colour appeared. I applied second layer - still, no colour payoff. I was mad, so, I applied like 4 to 5 layers, only then, the colour shown up.

The colours look similar but honestly, they're not.

Candid Coral as the name would suggested, is a little towards coral-y or orangey colour with a little bit of shimmer in it. This shade is truly beautiful and you should get this one!

Mellow Mauve is something a little bit towards pinkish undertones but still, I don't know why from the swatch of it, it looks a little orangey.

Actually I had a thought that Candid Coral is similar to Milani's Luminous but...



Luminous does look a bit pinkish comparing to Candid Coral... Don't you think so?

As of pigmentation, of course Luminous is way over Candid Coral. Well, ELF Studio Blushes retail for USD$3 each but Milani Blushes retail for USD$5.99 each. So... I can't complain. I'll use these as my everyday blushes!

Product - 2.5 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - ELF
Re-purchase - Some of the shades

2 comments:

R said...

Hey where do you buy your elf cosmetics from? :)

Angel Valerie said...

Hey, hello!

Regarding your question - I joined US sprees in LYN to get them since they're not available in Malaysia at the nearest time. If you wouldn't mind, do drop these two wonderful girls a message regarding ELF sprees. I can assure you they're very friendly and helpful!

Aini

Rowena

Have a great week ahead!