Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Swatches and reviews!

Update - NYX products can now be bought at Colours Cosmetics if you are from Malaysia and Singapore!

Hahaha... a procrastinator I am, indeed!

I should be resuming with my Chapter 4 and 5 but right now, here I am, blogging - the case of being too self-proclaimed free.

Since I'm so freaking 'free,' I shall do more swatches and reviews of the eye palettes and also lips products in my possession so that if you guys are interested, you can go ahead and get some for yourselves.

NYX Glitter Cream Palette


I guess this is not something you'd use on everyday basis but it's pretty handy to keep a glitter palette in your collection just case you'd need it.

The glitters aren't so smooth as I've thought they'd be exception for the last colour, it turns out REALLY smooth and applies so easily as being compared to it's other counterparts.


My palette is called The Bronze Goddess, hence, I'm not sure if the same thing applies to the other palettes as well.

These glitters can be removed easily using your makeup remover or even just your facial cleanser alone, hence I guess it's not so bad. Then again, you'll be needing a good base for these glitters to stick on so that they won't transfer everywhere on your face.

Product - 3 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - NYX Cosmetics, Cherry Culture, Nonpareil Boutique
Re-purchase - Maybe

NYX Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit


I have this palette for a while now and I guess it'll take another while for me to finish using every single colour in the palette. Well, it's not impulsive buy but at that point of time I was contemplating if I should get Naked or not, so, I went ahead and got this instead.

Honestly, I don't regret getting this because for me, this palette is great for everyday natural look but lemming towards budget beauty category. Hey, it's like a quarter of Naked's price!


I used Stage's eyeshadow primer as a base for the swatches and the swatches were done with 20% wet fingers for more intense colour pay-offs.

This time around, I finally tried the 2 lip glosses that came along with the palette. Previously, I didn't want to stain it or anything because I thought I should just keep them there but, who's gonna use them if I just leave them there?

The answer is - ME, obviously!


Sorry for the oily face. Hahaha... I just realized I have V-shaped face. LOLX!

Product - 4 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - NYX Cosmetics, Cherry Culture, Nonpareil Boutique
Re-purchase - Yes

NYX For Your Mysterious Brown Eyes


I bought this palette on impulse because I fell in love with the green colour. Err... okay, it's great for everyday look too but with a tinge of green and purple.

If I were to compare this to Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit, I'd prefer the previous one than this palette.


The colours aren't as pigmented as the other kit but nevertheless, for it's price, you can't complain. This is so much cheaper than Maybelline's or L'Oreal eyeshadows at our local drugstores.

Product - 2.5 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - NYX Cosmetics, Cherry Culture, Nonpareil Boutique
Re-purchase - No

Urban Decay Naked Palette


As what I've said earlier, I shouldn't be splurging on Naked but it was the best buy ever! I mean, I've never spent so much on eyeshadows and NOT regretting getting it. I bet if I let it passed back then, I'd be squirming with regrets now.

Pigmentations are of great pay-offs! Then again, the eyeshadows are so smooth and blendability is high too!

Swatches are done with Stage's eyeshadow primer as base. There's NO way I'm gonna waste my UDPP for swatches! Hahaha...


From left to right - Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal, Whiskey & Zero

If you're contemplating to get either NYX Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit or Urban Decay Naked Palette, get UD's Naked take a look at the swatches for both palettes below!


They're pretty much similar and the plus point is that with Naked, the colours are of better quality and you get like 4 extra colours and also the shades are almost FULL-SIZED to normal UD's eyeshadows!

Product - 5 out of 5
Packaging - 5 out of 5
Availability - Urban Decay, ULTA, Sephora
Re-purchase - Yes

Hopefully this palette will be available to all Malaysian babes since Sephora will be opening soon! Yay!


Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadows & Pigments


The colours I've gotten are Narcotic and Chronic. Well, the picture says it all. I've never really purchased single eyeshadows on it's own before but, these are great buys, I me

Pigmentation is nothing to shout about since I personally think they're a bit sheer comparing to every shade in Naked Palette.


I swatched UD's Loose Pigments in Baked for ya'll too. I'm loving this pigments but I hate the packaging! It's like whenever I take it out, instead of landing on my eyelids, these pigments are all over the place! But.. but... RM13.40 only, can I complain?

Product - 3 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Urban Decay
Re-purchase - Yes

Jesse's Girl Pure Pigment Eye Dusts


The shades I've gotten are Blackstar Blue and also Blue Moon. Penny Arcade and Secret Weapon belong to stupid sister. I don't know where she has put it, so I can't swatch for you guys.

The colours are beautiful, believe me!


A little goes a long way! I have yet to really test out the colours on my eyes but from swatches, they look great. Perhaps, I should be using this for my next outing!

I intend to get more of these if there should be more sprees for Jesse's Girl's products.

Product - 3 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - Jesse's Girl Cosmetics, Rite Aid
Re-purchase - Definitely, YES!

MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Duo


If you've been following my blog, you'll know this is my first ever MAC eyeshadow!

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I do like this eyeshadow but to the certain point only. I live the taupe colour but NOT the gold colour.


The taupe side is smooth but for the gold side, it feels chalky. It could be due to the glitters in it. Luckily I did not make another impulsive buy on their other Mineralize Eyeshadows. Perhaps I should try their other eyeshadows.

Let's decide in time to come.

Oh, ya... the white swatch is from NYX The Ultimate Pearl Shadow. Refer to later pictures for more reviews.

Product - 3 out of 5
Packaging - 3 out of 5
Availability - MAC Cosmetics or any MAC outlets
Re-purchase - No

NYX The Ultimate Pearl Shadow


I got the colour White Pearl and loving it. LOLX! This eyeshadows come in pretty handy especially if you wanna brighten up your inner eyes or even if you wanna make your eyes look like there's 3D effect or something like that!

On top of that, it can be used as highlighter too!

I love it!

I doubt if you can still find it elsewhere because I heard this line will be stopped, I don't know if the news is true or not. Swatch is earlier in this entry. Roll your cursor up!

Product - 4 out of 5
Packaging - 4 out of 5
Availability - NYX Cosmetics
Re-purchase - Definitely, YES!

Shiseido Maquillage Eyes Creator 3D


The shade I've gotten is in BR356 and it retails at RM160 if I'm not mistaken. Best of all, I didn't spend a single penny on this palette as this is a Christmas present in 2009 from my heartless brother.

Wait... Stupid sister, heartless brother - they rhymes! Hahahaha...

I'm still very much in love with this aside loving my UD's Naked. Well... it's a complete palette, no mistake. It comes with additional shimmers if you love shimmer and yeah, with gel liner as well!


If I'm done with all the colours in this palette, I'm gonna go and get refills!

Product - 4.5 out of 5
Packaging - 4 out of 5
Availability - Any Shiseido's counters
Re-purchase - Definitely, YES!

Lip Glosses and Colours Mania!

I've been stocking up on my lip glosses and colours lately even though I have a tonnes of them in my collection already. Well, Stage is having sales and sprees are irresistible, alright?!

Lemme show you part of what I have and digging!


The first picture is taken with flash while the second one is without flash.

I guess I'm a collector. Hahaha... not a garbage collector yet!

Anyway, off to sleep!

No comments: