Note: I'm too lazy to copyright my pictures, so, if you want to steal, go ahead and take it - Nothing important actually.
I was busy studying for my sociolinguistics the other night when my brother suggested that we should cook Potato Masala. Honestly, I know nothing about this whole Potato Masala thingy because first of all, I seldom cook Malay or Indian dishes but heck, I love their dishes!
I just went to Nirwana with Sheau Hui and Wendy for dinner - I love, love, love their Banana Leaf Rice. It's just so special that you gotta try it! I'd say the most special dish is their deep-fried bitter gourd with spices. OMG... I've never loved bitter gourd before but they've made me crave for it!
Aherm... I'll leave that for another day or just visit my food blog for more information on Nirwana and other eating outlets.
Today, I'm going go tell you how to cook scrumptious Potato Masala - yeah, I'm lovin' it! Oh, oh, by the way, this is a really easy dish and also undeniably cheap.
1. First of all, peel off the potatoes' skins and cut the potatoes into cubes before boiling them for around 10 to 15 minutes to soften them...
2. White waiting, prepare the spices...
The quantity of the spices is very much depending on the quantity of potatoes you're preparing. So, just keep your eyes open so that you won't melebih-lebih.
3. After that, chop onions and garlics. My brother said by putting more onions and garlics, the dish would definitely taste better but still, it's up to individual preference.
The picture of garlics above was actually not much since we ran out of garlics that day - too bad but still, the end result was so good.
4. Pour sufficient amount of cooking oil into the wok like this...
5. Sauté your onions and garlics...
Remember to sauté the onions n garlics until they turn golden brown before proceeding to step number 6!
6. Add in your spices - finally!
And then, goreng-goreng. If the cooking oil poured earlier is not sufficient, you can add in more oil because if the oil is insufficient, the texture of the spices would become harsh and instead of smelling the heavenly aroma of masala, you could smell something burning! Don't say I didn't warn you though!
7. Sauté the spices until they are aromatic and pour in sufficient amount of water, salt, powdered black pepper and chicken stock. Let it boil before the next step...
8. Add in the boiled potatoes!
9. Stir your potatoes well and let it boil for around 10 minutes with slow fire until the gravy becomes a little sticky...
10. Finally, makan! Haha... Yes, step number 10 is to eat the Potato Masala!
There, I've provided you 10 easy steps to cook Potato Masala. Yes, this is so easy that even a 10 year-old child could cook this dish!
Happy trying, people!