Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another bimbotic entry...

Before I proceed to tell you all about what a bimbo I am, please go and do the poll if you're free. Thank you and let me tell you a little bit about this e-boutique that I love, love, love, love and love to bits!

I love kimono-inspired clothes and it's really hard for me to come across kimono-inspired dresses that are so elegant but also chic and casual at the same time. More than often, these kimono-inspired dresses are often made for ladies with hour-glass figures and coincidentally, I'm not in the list.

Can you feel lao niang's misery?

Okay, if you are like me and you love, love, love kimono-inspired dresses, well, look no more because Absolutely Irresistible is here to stay!



What can I say about Absolutely Irresistible actually? Let me see... first of all, the owner is a great lady - friendly, sociable and witty too. She's full of sense of humour and that's one of many things I like about her when it comes to dealing with her.

Melissa... What could I say about her? She's one dedicated lady too. She SMS-ed me the other day because she wanted to know if the parcel was delivered to me safely or not, in which, I found none of the other e-boutiques' owners do.

The second thing I love about Absolutely Irresistible is that the collection of clothings are so nice and pretty. Let me show you some of the clothings that I PERSONALLY think they are gorgeous but too bad I can't wear all of them.

1. Oh, that bling!

~ Priced at RM39 ~

What can I say about Oh, that bling! except that the dress is gorgeous? Yes, it's just gorgeous! The other day, when I was out with my brother, I happened to bump into a lady wearing the pink coloured version and believe me, the dress just looked so gorgeous and classy on her!

The dress comes in the form of halter now. If you're interested, visit them now!

2. Flowers and Leaves

~ Priced at RM39 after a whopping 20% discount ~

Personally, I think these dresses are so versatile - it could be worn on formal as well as casual functions. Initially, I was thinking of throwing this piece to my sister for her Christmas present and I ended up loving it, so I kept it instead of giving it to her. Haha...

You see, the material is so comfortable and cooling. At the same time, the sash that could be tied to the back gives some kinda slimming effect.

~ My very own Green Leaves ~

See, I'm not lying - I did buy it and now, I'm loving it, so, no Christmas present for stupid sister this year until she behaves and be more than just obedient.

3. Love Story of a Kimono

~ Priced at RM45 for each piece ~

I always believe a kimono could give slimming effect to the wearer and stupid sister kinda agrees with me. Absolutely Irresistible came back with HUGE collection of kimonos and believe me, girls, their collection is amazingly pretty - check out the Leopard Prints and also the English Rose. OMG...

They added few more new designs and I was so interested in getting Kimono Nostalgia but too bad it was sold out and not restockable any longer.

~ Kimono Nostalgia ~

But never mind, I've gotten a better deal after that actually...

4. Miss Jap

~ Priced at RM57 ~

I love, love, love this piece - yes, I love Miss Jap so much that I fell in love with it at first sight. I was initially opting for Geometrical instead of Garden because I thought Garden was sold out but Mel was kind enough to restock Garden for me the very next day.

Where to find such a darling like Mel?

I'm still waiting for this dress actually... Haha... I hope it could get to me soon because, OMG, I can't wait to get my hands on this gorgeous kimono-inspired dress!

5. Elegant Swirls



~ Priced at RM55 - last 2 pieces in green available ~

6. Gypsy in Woods

~ Priced at RM 55 - last piece available ~

On the whole, the design of these two pieces of kimono-inspired dresses looks somewhat similar to me but still, they're so pretty. If you're an UK 4 to 10, I'm pretty sure you can fit into these pieces nice and curvy. Too bad I couldn't wear it. Haha...

7. K-Inspired

~ Priced at RM49 but SOLD OUT ~

My goodness - I found out about Absolutely Irresistible quite late, so, I wasn't in time to get this piece because this design is just gorgeous. Like what that have been written in the website itself, this piece is figure-flattering and at the same time can create an illusion of a longer and slimmer body.

You tell me how not to love dresses like that?

8. Sweet Bohemian


~ Priced at RM45 and AVAILABLE ~

9. Frilly Bohemian

~ Priced at RM35 but SOLD OUT to me ~

Did I hear you scream BOHEMIAN? Haha... Yes, Absolutely Irresistible has a collection of Bohemian tops that are so versatile you can wear it as a dress for those at a certain height and at the same time, you can always pair it up with your favourite bikini!

I didn't get the Sweet Bohemian because I was too tempted to get Frilly Bohemian since I love, love, love lace! Lace is the sexiest fabric ever!

10. My Fav Dress



OMG... This piece is so extremely figure-flattering, more than K-Inspired! I wish I could fit myself into this piece without making me, myself and I look like a dead pig because I'm so fat. This is just sooooo pretty and nice.

Well, true enough, I think this piece suits those smaller-sized ladies, like Alice, Aminah Too, Ah Ma and maybe Wendy too. Wendy complains too much that she's gained weight recently and whenever she says that, I feel like knocking her hard on her head.

Yes, Wendy, if you're reading this, I'm sure you are able to fit into the dresses above so prettily and elegantly!

11. English Schoolgirl

~ Priced at RM49 and still AVAILABLE ~

How I love English ladies' clothings... Yes, I love them but too bad for this piece, I can't wear. How many times have you seen me, as in Angel, wearing sleeveless' tops or dresses? No, right? Haha... I think this piece can be paired up nicely with perhaps a pair of leggings and boots.

What are you waiting for, click here to visit their website now! They have more than the above collections!

Ah... I'm done with my review on my favourite e-boutique. Mel, if you're reading this, just wanna let you know that I love your collections and most important of all, like what I've told you, you rock, girl!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Now, here is one of my most bimbotic entries ever... Muahahaha... Muahahaha... I've been following Aubrey's blog for quite some time and I found it really useful if you want to learn some make-up tricks and so. I came across a lot of brands that are not even introduced in Malaysia's market yet and one of them is Urban Decay Primer Potion or better known as UDPP.



This miracle eyeshadow primer is unmatched by any other in the beauty industry! The genie in this bottle fulfills three wishes: eyeshadow that lasts, more vibrant and lasting color, and absolutely NO creasing. Apply Primer Potion to lids before shadow application. It dries down almost instantly (and invisibly), creating smooth lids that are super powered eyeshadow magnets.

The formula is full of silicone, which you beauty mavens know makes for a smooth and silky application. Packaged in a pretty genie bottle, our Potion applies with a magic wand and flocked applicator.

Well, it sounds good, right? Aubrey has been strongly recommending this magic stuffs since like forever and besides her, I came to know few other make-up artistes that recommend this baby in bottle to make your eyeshadow more vibrant and lasting.

If you're an American, you should be happy because it's only priced at USD$16 but if you're a typical Malaysian like me and would love to get hold of this baby, it'd be priced around RM6o after conversion.

That'd exclude shipping, customs and all - so, by the time this baby gets into your hand, it'd cost around RM80 to RM100, I guess.

I want it so badly...

By the way, if you're an E.L.F. fanatic, fret not because from America, it has finally entered Asia's market. The nearest would be to import from Singapore. Best of all, for a minimum period of time, you can get stuffs like eye-shadows, fake eye-lashes, lip glosses, brushes and all for SGD$3.30 each, exclusive of shipping of course. The normal price would be SGD$4.90, so ladies, if you're reading this and you happen to be a Singaporean, well, get them at all cost but if you happen to be a Malaysian who loves cosmetic, import it! Haha...

No la, no la... you can get it from this website.



I just met with the owner, Shiina, this afternoon and she told me that her blog is not updated for quite some time already and if you've visited E.L.F. website and there are some things that you want but they wasn't on her website, send her an email or anything. She might have them in stock for you!

For me, I've gotten...

~ Priced at RM12 ~

~ Priced at RM12 ~

~ Priced at RM10 ~

Aubrey was telling her readers that the eye-widener can really do justice to small eyes by making it looking bigger and I was so curious, so now, I've gotten it - I'll try it out and let you guys know if it works. Hehe...

Oh ya, most of the brushes are sold at RM12 but depending on the availability of it!

These days, I've been kinda free so, I tried out few make-dos on my eyes and I kinda like the effect exception for the cosmetics by Britney Spears... It made no obvious differences actually despite coming in nice palette.

~ Big Dolls Eye Make-up ~

Inspired by Blush-Berry. As stated in their website, it can effectively makes your eyes look bigger! Personally, I think if you paired this make-do with cosmetic lenses, the effect would be a WHOA!

The silver eye-shadow drawn near the tear duct and also beneath the eyes weren't stated in the website. I was the one who kinda tried it out and love it.

Well, perhaps, there would be some who wants to know why I never use the blue liner on my water line. No, I am not going to risk my eye-sight because I was told not to excessively use make-up on the water line as it could go into the eyes. In long run, it'd lead to eye-sight damage.

EYES
Silky Girl in Lime Green
Silky Girl in Frosty Silver
Elianto's Deep Blue
Loreal's Volume Shocking

The second one would be... Oh, oh, before that, I do have to remind you all that I was using the colour palette from Britney Spears, so the names would exactly be the same.




EYES

Highlight - Pixie by Britney Spears
Base - M.A.C. Star N' Rockets
On the Crease - Flicker by Britney Spears
Obviously - Extreme false lashes

Happy trying, people!

I need to take my bath and going out in a while!

No comments: