Friday, June 6, 2008

Dragon-i

Okay, let me put things simpler for this entry. Dragon-i is a Chinese-based Shanghainese restaurant and for the time being, I'm aware that they have two branches, one in 1 Utama and another one in Midvalley Megamall. Just a while ago, when I was doing some research, I got to know that there are altogether, 10 branches.

~ I know I'm short and stout, so, stop staring at me! ~

Okay, perhaps, the name Dragon-i doesn't appeal much to you but Dragon-i is called 龙的传人 in Mandarin. Remember Leehom, thus, you'll remember Dragon-i.

Okay.

Lame.

I'll stop it.

Let's move on with the food. The signature dishes of Dragon-i is their infamous ramen and xiao long baos. Take a look and do salivate...

~ The making of xiao long baos - from masak-masak and babeinthecity ~

We ordered their signature ramen - I don't quite remember the name of the ramen but I did take a picture of it. This is it...


Looks nice, right? I know it looks nice, so, don't hate me for uploading it up for your eyes to feast. You should thank me for sharing. It cost RM12.90. Haha. Anyway, I didn't order that, Loonie and Gigi ordered them and mine was this...

~ Szechuan style ramen ~

I ordered it because I thought it was supposed to be spicy as I love spicy food but it disappointed me a little to be honest. The soup looked so oily and it tasted just like satay sauce - nothing special, unlike other Szechuan style's dishes. I don't like it a bit. It cost RM13.90.

Lastly, we ordered xiao long baos. Yay, I love, love, love their xiao long baos... So juicy! They came in 4 per tray and it cost RM9.90. Oh, yeah, everything is exclusive of tax.


At the end of the day, four of us paid RM82 for the meal. That means each of us pay RM20.50 for both meals and drinks which all of us had Chinese tea.

Expensive but overallnice ambience and superb service.

Interested, please visit their branches in Midvalley, 1 Utama, Cheras Leisure Mall, Pavilion, Centrepoint, The Curve, Sunway Pyramid, Aeon Bukit Tinggi and also another branch at Penang which is situated at Queensbay Mall.

No comments: