Monday, July 24, 2017

Buffet at San Nae Deul @ Publika

I have always been a fan of Korean cuisines. I love soupy food and when I learned that most of Korean cuisines involves broths and soups, I was over the moon! Another fact that totally nailed my love for Korean cuisines - the food is cooked in earthen wares or grills to ensure it's hearty and hot!

More plus point - the banchans or better known as the side dishes. These banchans are basically refillable!


Ever since San Nae Deul started operating in Publika, I have always been their loyal customer. I love going there because first of all, Publika is nearby my place and secondly, their food is finger-licking good! What is not to love? I don't remember San Nae Deul @ Publika has buffet BBQ but the other day when my friend and I passed by the restaurant, somehow, it struck us that they have started catering for BBQ buffet.

As curiosity got the better of us, we decided to step in to give it a try. To our surprise they are serving ala carte buffet alongside their typical meat buffet menu. 

Let's dig in so that you can take a good look at the food.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed because I actually prefer charcoal BBQ more than the electric grill BBQ but yes, San Nae Deul is using electric grill.


The staff were really fast and speedy even though at the time when we went there, the restaurant was really packed.

We were ushered to a private room (thanks to the crowd) and condiments were brought to just in less than 2 minutes!


For BBQ meat, usually, you'll be given condiments of raw garlic, green chilli pepper, soy bean paste and also sesame oil with salt. At the same time, lettuces will also be served and they are refillable upon request with no additional charge!

They will pass the menu to you and yes, you can start ordering anything that is on the buffet menu. Just like carnivores we are, we ordered almost all of the meat items on the menu.


I'm sorry but I don't really remember the names of the cuts that we ordered. All in all, we opted for pork and a lot of pork because we love pork!

Mr. AA actually topped up the order of samgyupsal (sliced fatty pork) because he loves pork just like so! We did order bacon too but to be honest, I don't fancy the taste of bacon. I'm not a bacon person.


In no time, we got all the meat grilling away! We were particularly hungry on that day!


Well, more meat, please!!!


When it comes to grilling, you have choices at San Nae Deul. It's either you grill the meat on your own or you can request the staff to do it for you if you're all prim and proper.

We opted to do it on our own because I'm the BBQ type of girl!

After BBQ-ing for quite some time, I began to grow tired of it and I told Mr. AA that I wanted to order some of the stuff off the ala-carte menu.

~ Stir fry spicy squid ~

~ Korean spicy fried chicken ~

~ Jjajangbap or mixed rice ~

On top of all the meaty dishes, we ordered seafood as well.


Out of all the seafood we ordered, I actually liked the shisamo more than anything else. The BBQ squid and prawns were just ordinary, nothing to shout about.

If you're interested, hop on to Publika for a try. 

Korea BBQ San Nae Deul,
A2-UG1-02 Solaris Dutamas,
No.1 Jalan Dutamas,
50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Price:
Weekend - RM45++
Weekday - RM50++
Child (6 to 11) - RM25++
Kid (3 to 5) - RM10++

Happy eating!

No comments: