Saturday, May 14, 2016

Lapcos x Disney Brightening CC Cushion

Oh, hi - it has been quite some time. Just to let you know - I haven't been slacking. In fact, I have been busy with a lot of traveling and well, some other personal stuffs. Anyway, I'm going to share my two-cent on one of my recent purchases with Hermo.

It's the Lapcos x Disney Brightening CC Cushion in No. 23.


Now, how cute the packaging is, right? OMG...

If you do not know yet, Lapcos has teamed up with Disney quite some time ago for this collection and you can get not only CC cushions but also lipsticks, lip balms, eye shadows and several other make-up stuffs.

The normal weight of cushion foundations is around 12g to 15g. For this cushion foundation, it comes with one size - 12g only.


I am not sure if you can get a refill but Hermo doesn't have it's refill for sale as well. Even so, with a packing that is so cute, it is definitely a keeper!

I am a MAC NC25 and again, my shade for Korean foundations is No. 23. So far, I have not have any issues with unmatching foundation.


On the first swipe, I would say, I was expecting this to be a very medium coverage foundation but I was wrong. Personally, I would rate this an decent coverage foundation. I don't think it can be built to medium coverage because it doesn't really cover my blemishes or veins around my nose.

Now, comes the fun part - review!


I have zit on my forehead (above my right eyebrow) as you can see from the three pictures above. My dark circles are pretty bad and the skin around my nose is red.

I can't do much about it because I have sensitive nose that would trigger sneeze after sneeze if the surrounding is dusty or smokey.

Now, behold the after effect!


Just like what I have mentioned earlier - coverage is not really awesome but the effect I would say is quite natural.

As being claimed by Lapcos, it is a brightening CC foundation but honestly, I do not notice any brightening effect. Perhaps I am a little too dark to experience the effect. Hence, brightening effect is nowhere to be seen on me.


However, one thing I do appreciate about this foundation - it doesn't sink into my big pores! No, you've read me well, it doesn't sink into the pores at all even after 4 to 5 hours of usage. I hate foundations that sink into my pores, making my pores look bigger than they already are.

For your information, I didn't even use any primer prior to applying the foundation.


Let's do the flash photography test, shall we?

I know this is a brightening CC cushion so, please expect a really bright effect, okay?


OMG... my skin looks perfect in flash photography while wearing this foundation! I certainly didn't expect that because under natural lighting, you could still see my pores in their glory.

On the longetivity, expect the foundation to sit on your skin for around 3 hours if you do not have any primer or powder.

On the whole, I am quite pleased with the foundation.

No comments: