Sunday, April 10, 2016

31 things I learned at 31

In the past, I've always been looking forward to this day but as I grow older, I came to accept the fact that I will not be getting younger. For several years, my birthday had always been normal until last year when a few close friends teamed up with some of my students from my previous institution to surprise me. Aside from the birthday surprise, I had a blast because I celebrated my birthday for the entire week with others.


I couldn't help but to feel grateful to those around me.

However, this year... all of a sudden, I feel like a part of me is reluctant to grow old. I am quite reluctant to celebrate my existence on Earth for 31 years. I am reluctant to accept the fact that time flies like sizzling arrow. Most important of all, I am reluctant to celebrate my birthday alone.


When you are single and available, everyday is a routine. When you are finally in a relationship, every single passing day spent with your partner is never enough. I am scared I may wake up not having him next to me. It makes me wonder, how many more birthdays can I actually celebrate with my other half or even my family?

This thought actually saddens me on how precious every single moment of life is. You'd never know what is going to happen tomorrow.

I am not going to sit here and dwell about celebrating this day alone in my room.


I have created a short video of 31 important things I have learned throughout these 31 years of life. I hope this video will enlighten you. If you're still young, you still have a long journey ahead of you. Strive hard so that you will lead a better life in 10 or 20 years to come.


Last but not least, happy birthday to myself and thank you to myself from working hard to be where I am today.


May everyone be happy, healthy and prosperous!

No comments: