Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wet n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity

Have you heard about the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow palettes?

They have been out there for quite some time since last year I believe. I have been wanting to get at least one of those palettes but every time, I gawked at the price because I am so unwilling to pay additional bucks for drugstore items. Plus, I have been forever hearing that the eyeshadows in the palettes often break into pieces when they get to Malaysia.

However, when Colours Cosmetics Malaysia brought these palettes in the limited edition 6-eyeshadow palettes, I managed to secure one - Vanity. I was so, so glad that it came to be in one but not thousand pieces!


I was thinking to get 2 more palettes of different shades but I changed my mind because I have too many palettes lying about in my eyeshadow collection.

Anyway, back to Vanity.

It is neutral palette in which one can label it as safe because it is a palette in which you can use it everyday without having to worry of having too much attention.

By the way, attention is good!

Wet n' Wild Color Icon palettes come with 6 shades - 3 shimmery and 3 matte eyeshadows.


They look pretty standard from the palette except for the fact that the packaging may be a little bit flimsy.

The two brushes included in the palette are somehow quite useless to me because I don't really like these kinda free brushes.

The eyeshadows are all gorgeous and very usable. The shimmery eyeshadows are somehow more pigmented than the matte ones.

The matte eyeshadows do feel a little chalky whereas the shimmery ones feel buttery smooth. The shimmery eyeshadows glide on easily.

With all the pros of the palette, what is there not to like, right?

Pros


  • Very, very affordable



  • Pigmentation is quite good


  • Cons


  • Flimsy plastic packaging



  • Brushes are useless



  • Pigmentation of eyeshadows are not consistent



  • Not available in Malaysia


  • Sad but true, Wet n' Wild is not available in Malaysia. The only way to get it is to order it online - CCM, or you can join any pre-orders.

    No comments: