Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Make-up for sensitive skin

I am lucky to have normal skin that does not react to most of the skin care that you can find in the market. Therefore, a lot of the times, I get to use quite a number of products without having to worry about the ingredients in the products.

So, I am always counting my blessings when it comes to normal skin because I do come across a few people in my life who have really fragile skin. Whenever they are allergy to certain ingredients, their skin tend to react - pimples, acnes, rashes, red spots and others.

Sometimes, it does struck me how my friends find suitable skin care and make-up products for themselves. It has been pain in the neck to follow them around to find these products.

Well, counting your blessings yet - those of you with normal skin?

Fret not because I am sharing with all of you with sensitive skin - BB cream for those with sensitive skin!

I know what you're thinking.

"WHAT?! My skin is already sensitive and you want me to wear BB cream?!"

Hey, hey, hey, don't worry, this BB cream is formulated especially for those with sensitive skin.

May I present to you - ACWELL Mineral BB Cream.


For your information, this BB cream is oil-free.

Sounds promising?

Read on...

ACWELL is a line of product specially manufactured by Giverny Paris for those with problem and dry skin.

If you don't know yet, Giverny is a Korean company with the formulation of the products coming from Paris. A lot the products from Giverny are actually of premium quality so it'd not be weird if the price of each product is about RM100 or maybe more.

I am unable to disclose the actual price of this BB cream since it is not yet available in Malaysian market but it will be available soon.

The packaging is sleek and prestige.

Once you take out the product, you will see a even neater packaging - the BB cream comes in pump form. Bottle and pump, get it? LOLX!

One plus point that I really do like for this BB cream is that even after pumping out the product, it does not make the whole packaging messy or anything. In fact, this is what I would like to define - neat and sleek! I used to have really bad experience with some BB creams that ended up creating a mess everywhere!


The texture of this BB cream is very, very thick. If you are thinking of dragging, tugging or pulling it across your skin, think twice! It is way to thick for you to rug or pull it across your face. The best way to apply it is to use patting motion. Total blending and application time may be longer if compared to other BB creams that I have tried.

Since the texture of this BB cream is very thick, the coverage is medium. It does quite a good job in covering red spots and broken veins but it does not cover your dark under eye area. Due to its consistency, a little product goes a long way because usually, for my face, I would need around 2 to 3 pumps for full coverage but this BB cream proves me wrong - half a pump may even be too much for the whole face! It is crazy, I know!

Best thing of all, yes, it is oil-free because I don't think it greases up or anything throughout the day. Oxidation is minimal too once it sets onto your skin.

If you are worried that you have a function to attend to at night and scared foundations or BB creams will give you white cast because of the SPF inside, well, you can free yourself of worries because this BB cream does not contain SPF.

I find the lasting power of this BB cream is not bad - it lasts for about 5 to 6 hours without re-application or setting powder. If you have to know, this BB cream wears off the fastest around the side of your nose and forehead. Yeah, T-zone! Other than the wearing off part, I have no complain at all.

So, for those of you with sensitive skin, look forward to the launching of ACWELL in Malaysia!

No comments: