Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The story of concealers

So, I did tell myself, "You're NOT to touch any new products until you're done with the old ones!"
I guess I'm one of the millions people out there that has close-to-zero self-refrain ability.

I FINALLY SET MY HANDS ON THE NEW CONCEALER!

Before I applied it on one eye, I was thinking to myself, "Die la this time - sure won't work out... Sure will be disappointed again."

I was skeptical because the colour wasn't orangey enough.

So, after blending and setting with loose powder, the result is amazing.



It did brighten up my eyes, not a bit but a lot. OMFG, I couldn't believe how this thing works but hey... it did work perfectly good on me! I mean, my dark under eye circles are really bad and wearing glasses most of the times have caused the area to oxidize to greyish blueish colour.

T__T

I don't know what I'm babbling about right now. Probably I haven't been wide awake yet. Lemme show you the effect!

~ O-hai, it's me ~

Obviously, my left under eye dark circle wasn't concealed. That surely explains why my left eye looked so swollen and atrocious.

I've gotten Skinfood's Salmon Concealer prior to this because I thought salmon concealers will do wonder to anyone but I was so wrong - it didn't work well for me. Probably like what everyone had said, Skinfood should come out with more shades to choose from.



On my left eye was Skinfood Salmon Concealer in #02 and on my right eye was Stage Photo Pro Crème Camouflage in #06 Ginger.
Skinfood Salmon Concealer didn't do much justice in my opinion - my right eye was still puffy and swollen. If you'd notice, the greyish tone was still in sight.
Stage's Photo Pro Crème Camouflage did do it's job pretty well to reduce the puffiness on my left eye. It did brighten up my left eye too! Simply amazing!
Get what I mean?

Stage Photo Pro Crème Camouflage is evil but works great - at least for the time being. I am lemming towards MAC's Studio Sculpt Concealer and also


I'll leave that for another day since we don't have any MAC counters at Sibu. Why, oh, why? MAC, you should have a counter here!

Anyway... here are the comparison between the three concealers that I own right now.

~ Skinfood Salmon Concealer, NYX Concealer in Jar, Stage Photo Pro Crème Camouflage ~

On the other hand, the texture of these three concealers aren't so similar to each other, well, that's my opinion. Hence, if you kinda find some similarity, please don't penalize me for making this statement. Again, that is my own opinion.

Skinfood Salmon Concealer

Very, very creamy texture. If you accidentally dip your brush too deep into the concealer, you'll have to be ready for super creamy application that will then, create a huge mess! Other than that, it's pretty blendable.
Price: RM46.90 at Skinfood outlets.
I don't know why I got mine for RM49.90 at Skinfood, The Curve. Moral of the story - don't go to Skinfood at The Curve.


NYX Concealer in Jar

The texture is quite dry. Hence, I assume it'll be good for those with oily skin, maybe? It doesn't blend as easy as Skinfood Salmon Concealer though.

Price: USD$5.50
You can get them via sprees too. Enough say.


Stage Photo Pro Crème Camouflage

A combination of Skinfood Salmon Concealer and NYX Concealer in Jar texture - not to creamy, not to cakey and not too dry, which is great!

Price: RM60
Stage Cosmetics often has promotion of 20% to 50% discount store wide and sometimes, the buy one free one promotion.

My takes on Stage Cosmetics Picture Perfect Foundation

Pros


  • Not cakey or overly creamy.


  • Affordable price.


  • Natural finish - matte and medium coverage.


  • Good for dark under eye circles.


  • Cons


  • A small jar?!


  • Might not be available for those outside of Malaysia or Singapore.


  • Not full coverage.


  • Price

    RM60 per jar of 5g or 0.17oz.


    Will I buy it again?

    I might consider. Let's say this will last me for quite some time.


    Adoi... I'm feel so goddamn lazy right now. Should be heading to bed but then again, before I sleep, here's a picture to divert my laziness away!



    Tunggu bintang jatuh dari langit!

    Have a wonderful week!

    No comments: