Saturday, December 25, 2010

Beauty routine

So, what is routine actually?

I admit, I am lazy most of the times. I'm not really anal about facial care routines although I am aware that a good complexion wards off all the make-up products.

Hey, hey... don't point your fingers at me and say, "Lazy pig!"

I'm doing a tag to share my beauty routine with you today, so, I'm not lazy.
  1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
    Twice the least. It's pretty much depending on the weather and the condition of my face.
  2. What skin type do you have?
    Oily and combination
  3. What is your current cleanser?


    Mandom Facial Cleansers because firstly, it's cheap (RM8.90 per tube at Watsons) and secondly, I love the tingly and minty after-wash sensation.
  4. Do you exfoliate?
    Erm... it pretty much depends on my laziness and maybe the mood. LOLX! Yes, I'm a lazy oink!
  5. What brand do you use?
    No specific brand since I'm good with anything that is cheap. Hahaha.
  6. What moisturizer do you use?


    L'Oreal Revitalift - both for the face and eye areas. I know, I know... why Revitalift? I have fine wrinkles too, okay? I ain't getting any younger and luckily, these products are not oily, which is good.
  7. Do you have freckles?
    Lucky me, no.
  8. Do you use eye cream?
    Yes, L'Oreal Revitalift.
  9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
    I used to have serious acne problems during my teenage years. I bet that explains all the blemishes I have now.
  10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
    Tried but it didn't work on me.
  11. What foundation do you use?


    I have 2 different types on foundations for 2 different functions. If I'm going out on everyday basis and if I'm not lazy, I normally will use Revlon's and if I have a function to attend to, I'll use Stage's. Seriously, if I'm too lazy to use moisturizer and foundation, I'll use BB Cream instead.


    Skin79 has the best BB Creams ever! LOLX! I love Skin79 so freaking much but their products are not cheap.
  12. How about concealer?


    Stage Photo Creme yada, yada, yada, yada... I can't remember the name. I have several concealers but this is my absolute love as of now!
  13. Do you know your undertone color?
    I'm a typical Asian with yellow undertone.
  14. Do you use highlighter?
    Yes, of course and I'm very low-profile when it comes to highlighting my facial features. I mean, anything lighter than your skin tone can be used for highlighting purposes.


    So, that is the highlighter than I'm using! Cheap, performs well and yeah, love it!
  15. What do you think of fake eyelashes?


    I love them! My eyelashes are really tiny and a BC at Lioele mentioned to me the other day that she couldn't even see my eyelashes! I guess fake eyelashes are my only solution, right?
  16. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
    Yes, of course but alas... I don't have that kinda practice because, hey... mascara doesn't come cheap, okay?
  17. What brand of mascara do you use?


    Maybelline Express Volume, yada, yada, yada... again, I don't know the name!
  18. Do you use any eyebrow pencil? Any recommendation?
    Of course! I have fine and shorter-than-usual eyebrows, in length and it always makes my eyelashes seem like being cut off in between. So, I need eyebrow pencils for the perfect brows!


    Eyebrow pencils from Empro are my big time loves! They work great and yeah, it's slightly pricey around RM40 for a student like me but hey... I have had this thing since like... last year and it's still with me!
  19. Sephora or MAC?
    Sephora!
  20. Do you have a MAC Pro Card?
    No, I've never been to MAC before. I guess, I just have to go there once.
  21. What makeup tools do you use in make-up application?
    Majority of the time - brushes and if I'm just too lazy for brushes, I'll use my fingers instead. Clean fingers of course!
  22. If you are using brushes for make-up application, how do you clean them?
    I normally wash my brushes using shampoo like once a month or if I'm too lazy to do it monthly, I'd wash them once every 2 months. Let's say... if I am lazier than usual... Normally I'd use spray-on brush cleanser.


    I've got no special comment on this cleanser. The only reason I'm using it, is because it's cheap. RM25 per bottle. Not sure of the nett content. You should go and check out at Stage's counters.
  23. Do you use make-up base or primer for the eyes?


    NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils serve great purpose as eyeshadow base! I kid you not! For just USD$3.50, you can't ask for more, I guess.

    Then, there comes another infamous primer!


    So, for days when I have functions, I'll use UDPP because I surely don't want to embarass myself with smudged and creased eyeshadows! I'm anal about how people look at me!
  24. For the face?
    I have 2 preferances for face primers! My cheap alternative would be primer from Shills. Well, RM15 to RM20, I guess.


    This thing works well as eyelid primers too! Well, that means eyeshadow base! It's far better than ELF eye primers!

    So, when I have functions, I'll be using Monistat's Chafing Relief Gel since I like this thing a lot due to it's powdery finish!


    I feel too sayang if I finish this thing too soon - it's so difficult to get one in Malaysia!
  25. What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?

    You can always depend on NYX if you want affordable and yet pigmented eyeshadows! The ones I love are Jazz Night and Nude on Nude Natural palettes.

    But again, when I have functions, I always want to be in the limelight! So, UD's Naked is my only solution!


    Should I tell you how wonderfully pigmented and smooth these eyeshadows are? OMG... I totally love these colours!
  26. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
    Both but I still have preferance of which to get.


    Stage Pencil Liner is quite long lasting, hence, I super love it on my waterline! It might not be comparable to MUFE Aqua Eyeliner or whatsoever the name is but I still love it. Another love for pencil liner is UD 24/7 Eye Liner.


    This thing is not advisable for waterline. As of the application on lids, it's great and very smudgeable! You can even create smokey eyes with this pencil alone.

    As for liquid eyeliner, I love Kate's. This eyeliner has super fine head and lining your eyes has never been easier!


    Pros - not so expensive and readily available throughout Malaysia!
  27. Do you fancy gel eyeliner?
    Why not? I mean, hey... sometimes gel liners work great, better than pencil or liquid liners! Take for example those liners from Physicians Formula!


    These gel liners are super pigmented and they are really long-lasting on my oily lids. Hence, please, Malaysia, please bring more of these gel liners in!
  28. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner?
    Erm... when I first started out, I did poke my eyes quite often but now, not anymore!
  29. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
    I have love-hate relationship with pigment eyeshadows. When I say I hate them, it's usually caused my fall-outs! When I say I love them, it will be because of their vibrant colours.


    The ones I love are from Jesse's Girl. Cheap and pigmented and the downside of it, they're hard to get hold of in Malaysia.
  30. Do you use mineral make-up?
    Of course I do but I'm not a big fan. The only thing I have that is of mineral make-up line is Physicians Formula's loose powder.


    As of now, I love this product. No ghostly-white finishing during photoshoots and best of all - it comes in a big bottle!
  31. What is your favorite lipstick?
    NYX Round Lipstick!


    Again, smooth and glide-able! Hahahaha... cheap too - around RM10 each! I have several favourite shades too!


    There you go! Now, gimme my Christmas cum New Year present!
  32. How about lipgloss?
    NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss!


    Serious, these things are great - not sticky and quite long-lasting! Even the colours are super nice and pigmented. Not too overly shimmery or stuffs.
  33. What is your favorite blush to use?
    NYX Powder Blush of course!


    These are 2 shades I'm totally in love with for god-knows-how-long! They're very, very pigmented and natural and of course, cheap too. They retail at around RM20 each!
  34. Do you buy your makeup on e-bay?
    No and I don't know how it works!
  35. Do you like drugstore make-up?
    Some of them, especially when the products are worth buying!
  36. Do you go to CCOs (Cosmetic Company Outlets)?
    No... what the hell is that?
  37. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
    Yes, of course - perhaps one of these days!
  38. Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
    Sometimes. Hahaha... I'm always clumsy!
  39. Name a make-up crime that you hate?
    Looking overly pale and white when my foundation and concealer shades are not right! I tried that before and I look atrocious in pictures!
  40. Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
    Neutrals!
  41. Which celebrity (ties) always has great make-up?
    Kim Kardashian and Megan Fox.
  42. If you had to leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
    Concealer.
  43. Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
    Why not? I don't think I look at all so atrocious to the point I can't even see anyone without make-up on.
  44. Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
    Err... Hahahaha... okay, I think.
  45. In your opinion, what is the BEST make-up line?
    Urban Decay.
  46. What do you think of make-up?
    It is a passion, an art that not everyone will appreciate but I am happy and grateful that I do appreciate them!
  47. Last question - how do you remove your make-up?
    Use make-up remover of course!


    Mandom Cleansing Express works like wonder! Best of all, it's a water based cleanser and not oily at all! It cleans so well except for waterproof mascaras. The other make-up remover that I love is of Biore's facial wipe! Like super, okay.
Phew... finally... my beauty routine ends. Hahahaha... It took me 2 days to finish this thing!

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: