Saturday, April 18, 2009

That special someone...

The first person that caught my attention was Bernard because he was the FIRST guy I saw in the class and so far, the tallest guy I know! Then again, I was completely mesmerized by his sexy voice. Okay, enough of Bernard, this entry is NOT about him and Bernard, don't be perasan, okay?

When we met about in Miss Yoges' Phonetics and Phonology class, I finally got to know this young lady whom then talked, laughed and being lame as much as she does now.

Her name is... Meiwa...

Our friendship didn't click right on the spot. I was merely a stranger to her in the very beginning and she was a stranger to me too, I'd say. Most probably the situation happened because I had my own circle of friends back then. After which I had a misunderstanding with my very own circle of friends, it was then, I got to know Mei Wa, Princess and also PX better - they gave endless support in whatever I do and I remember Meiwa telling me to be positive about everything because she is one hell of a positive person!

This girl... How should I put you into words, Aminah, how?

Well, she's SUPER funny - so funny that you'll never feel bored being with her! Yeah, she can be cheated quite easily as long as you're a pro, like me. Haha... Go and ask her how many times have she being cheated by a big liar like me? She'll tell you the right answer!

The best part was that there was once Princess, PX, Aminah and I went to KFC for dinner. We were all talking about Aminah's 3 elder brothers who happened to still be single then. We were asking how did her parents come up with such wonderful names for her brothers and why her name is Meiwa.

She told us something like, "My second brother was born in the year of dragon, so, that explains why his chinese name has the character dragon in it."



Being a lame person, I came up with a statement that made everyone choked on their food, "Then, why didn't your parents name you as Mei Niu since you're born in the year of cow?"

If you don't know, "niu" means cow in Mandarin.

For your information, Mei Niu means Pretty Cow.

Anyway, I don't want this whole entry to be filled with craps... instead, let's just get down to business, shall we?

For the girl who had in mind that 3 slices of cakes from Starbucks is not sufficient for her 24th birthday, so, she gave us and those poor cakes a menacing look...


For the girl who eats a lot more than you can ever, ever imagine because she's so freaking thin can be blown away by stronger wind...


For the girl who has always been so happy-go-lucky despite of neverending worries and problems because being happy is what it takes to stay young, according to her...


For the girl who always dresses like an auntie of 50 years old because Meiwa, honestly, your fashion sense sucks big time... haha... please don't kill me, I'm still your cute, pretty and sexy mummy, so, you must respect me... hehe...


For the girl whose face often got chopped off in pictures because the cameras just don't love her enough to make her look prettier in the pictures...
~ Picture removed to protect anonymity ~
For the girl who is NUTS about Red Box and singing that once, she suggested we should go to Red Box whenever we have the money and time because, seriously, this girl loves to sing and is thinking of becoming the next superstar!

For the girl who is one of my partners in crime especially when it comes to studying because her results are all damn good that all of us needed to salute her... She can swallow the whole book and during exam, wrote 99.9% of EXACT answers!


For the girl who has always been our victim when it comes to bullying cases... she's just too fun to be let go because seriously, she'll tag along with you in the fun...


For the girl who bailed out on us during the UTAR 2007 Ball Night... Meiwa, I still remember that you've promised that we'd all go together but you ended up not going - you bailed out on us... how could you? You know, the pictures are all incomplete without you...

~ Pictures removed to protect anonymity ~

For the girl who always has in mind that nasi campur a.k.a. mixed rice a.k.a. chap fan is the best lunch and dinner because they're simply the cheapest...

So, Meiwa... Now you know how much you're appreciated, right? I remember every little thing that we've went through together and this includes every little thing that you've told me.

And it is because of a friend like you that my life is so colourful - thank you for always being around and yeah, being one of my bestest of the bestest Kakak Aminah!

Lastly, I think Aminah is the MOST splendid name you've came up for yourself, not bad, not bad. By the way, we should meet up with Ribena soon. He's staying nearby my place. Haha...
Anyway, Meiwa, happy 24th birthday and I love you so very much!

No comments: