Monday, July 14, 2008

Upekka @ Section 17, PJ

I don't know if there are people out there, especially those staying at Section 17, PJ, have been to Upekka or not. Just to remind you guys that my opinions might vary from yours.

Upekka is not an English word, instead it's from Sanskrit. It basically means peace from within. I didn't manage to take any pictures of the decorations at Upekka but I did take pictures of the food that we ordered the other day.

I've been to Upekka three times even though the food is not uberly tasty or something like that. I find the courtesies from the owners of Upekka are pleasing, not to me alone but to their other customers as well. This applies especially to the middle-aged lady owner, she never fails to amaze me with her choice of words and also the way she greets people.

On the whole, Upekka is not five-star cafe to go with but still, I always manage to find peace from within whenever I go to Upekka.

So far, I've tried their Mushroom Spaghetti and Fish in Thai Sauce with Rice. I like their Mushroom Spaghetti. If you're an amateur to Upekka, this dish might be a little tasteless to you but once you get used to it, I'm sure you'll like it.

~ Mushroom Spaghetti ~

~ Fish in Thai Sauce with Rice ~

Most important of all, it's not expensive at all. It's better than affordable!

For like RM5.90, you can have the spaghetti already and the Fish in Thai Sauce with Rice is priced at RM5.50 together with drink. If you want to order their spaghetti set, it's just RM7.90 only. The spaghetti set comes with Clam Chowder Soup and also drink.


Believe it or not, it's freaking RM7.90!!!

Best of all, they have 10% for students in which I'd say all of us, students, love discount items!

Even the Vegetarian Rice is nice. Well, it's RM5 if I'm not mistaken but it came with a big portion the other day when I went there.


So, boys and girls, go to Upekka!

My bad that I didn't get their address. I did but I kinda threw it away by accident the other day when I was cleaning the car.

Obviously, I've mentioned Section 17, yes, it's situation at Section 17, PJ. To be more exact, I think it's somewhere along Jalan 17/4 or Jalan 17/6.

No comments: