Sunday, July 6, 2008

Peranakan Place @ 1 Utama

I was at 1 Utama last week with Wendy and Lingling for a walk when all of us kinda got attracted with the ambiance of Peranakan Place in the new wing there. It looked nice to us actually...


So, we walked in and took our seats before we were given their menu booklets...


Remarkably, the menu explained what 'peranakan' is but then, I was too lazy to read the long paragraph, so, I skipped them.


Honestly, I don't know what 'peranakan' means but then, it should be some sort of race or stuffs like that. I'll check it up if I have the time. Fancy me, being a Malaysian all my life, don't even know what the word means.

Okay, enough of nonsense... Let me introduce to you our orders of the night... Our orders were not so attracting but they wasn't too bad too.

I ordered Asam Laksa. Well, it wasn't the BEST Asam Laksa but it's not bad.


The thing I love most about Asam Laksa is that the sourish feeling that you get after each mouthful of it. To me, the Asam Laksa there is not tasty enough to satisfy my desire for sourish dishes. Too bad...

Lingling ordered Nasi Lemak... in which for me, it turned out to be like this...


I told Lingling that it looked like some beginner trying to cook nasi lemak. Lingling just laughed it off and said I complained too much because it tasted okay to her.

Err... maybe I do complain a lot recently - too bad for them that I was there...

Anyway, let's continue with our story. Wendy, as usual, ordered her beloved Tom Yam noodles and it came out with a big portion - lotsa meat and seafood. She could barely finished it...


Despite complaining a lot, there are times when I could be satisfied pretty easily when it comes to desserts! Yay, I've got sweet tooth, kill me! We ordered their infamous Mango Longan and it was priced at RM5.90 if I'm not mistaken. It was really nice...


The mango melted in my mouth... If I'm to go back to Peranakan Place again, I'll order their desserts for once again but surely not some other dishes.

No comments: