Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wong Kok Char Chan Teng

Wong Kok Char Chan Teng is yet another restaurant that serves Hong Kong's dishes. Wong Kok is represented by Roger Kwok, a famous Hong Kong actor (in which, I'd say he's very good-looking). I've been to Wong Kok a lot of times with fellow friends and the things I like most about Wong Kok are that they give free drink to birthday boys or girls. How cool is that?

~ Free ying-yong tea but no free cake or girl-in-the-picture ~

Not a lot of restaurants in KL that actually offer free stuffs for birthday boys or girls unless you're in a very high-class restaurants. Secondly, I like the ambience in Wong Kok more than in Kim Gary or any other Hong Kong's style restaurants.

So, now, I'm going to introduce some signature dishes from Wong Kok that I love a lot and those that are being ordered by a lot of people. First of all...


Cheese-baked rice. You can choose from chicken, beef, pork or even fish for the filling and as for the sauces, you can choose from curry, Italian or white sauce. Personally, I prefer their white sauce because it's fatteningly creamier than the others. Hehe... Oh, yeah, it costs from RM12.90 to RM15.90 for their cheese-baked rice.

Now, it's time for French Toast what all of us love...


Yummy... yes... I miss this one! I miss the creamy and milky taste of the whole loaf! But there are some friends of mine who personally love the French Toast from Kim Gary more. It is priced at a reasonable RM4.90 for each serving.

That day, during Aminah Too's birthday, I ordered...

~ Roasted pork with ramen - is it ramen? I can't remember ~

I've always like their roasted pork. Fattening, but nice. When it comes to food, I always opt for "eat first, think later."

Sandy on the other hand, loves their seafood, so, she ordered this...

~ Hawaiian style fish with rice?? ~

Okay, to wrap things up, I'll just give my ratings and get over with it because you can actually find Wong Kok's branches all over the places except for Sarawak or maybe Sabah? I don't know.

No comments: