Thursday, June 12, 2008

Italiannies @ 1 Utama

I'm pretty sure a lot of you have heard of Italiannies or perhaps, some of you have been there once or several times. Personally, I've been there just once although I've heard about it few years back.

Hence, I made up my mind to go there at least once before I graduated. So, I did go there with a bunch of close friends from EL2 courtesy of Loonie and Gigi, the number 1 and 2 food lover.



The time when we were there, Italiannies is having promotion - 1 appetizer, 3 main courses and 1 dessert for RM89.90 that these dishes are ideal for 4 to 5 persons. Sounds great, right? Well, I'm not sure if they still have the promotion or not but you can ask them if you ever pass by Italiannies.

10 of us were present that day and we ordered two promotional sets, that consisted of 10 dishes altogether. For now... I'm going to show you what we ordered that day.

1. Aglio Olio Pasta - My favourite main course because of the fresh prawns and sufficient pasta sauce with mozarella cheese.



2. Angel Hair Pomodoro - A type of pasta and just like spaghetti, it is rod-shaped and in the form of long strands but thinner than spaghetti itself. If spaghetti cooks in 5 minutes, Angel Hair cooks in 2 minutes.



3. Garlic Chicken Pizza - Typical garlic and chicken pizza with very strong garlic-y aroma. Oh, right, if you're not a fan or peppers, be it red or green, don't go for this one. Don't say I didn't warn you.



4. Tomato-tomato Pizza (my invention) - The pizza is already very tomato-ey but still, there are slices of tomato on the top to make the pizza more tomato-ey plus, cheese is added to give the pizza an additional flavour. Suitable for vegetarians.



5. Chicken Milanese - Grilled chicken topped with cheesily creamy white sauce topped with tomato dices, onions and more mozarella cheese. Sounds nice? What are you waiting for? Order it! I like this one too!



6. Tomatoes on garlic bread (my invention again) - very crispy and their tomato dices are dipped in I-don't-know-what sauce to make the whole dish tastier and savourier.



7. Cappucino Pie - very tiramisu-taste-alike but instead of cake, it's an ice-cream. XXL size of ice-cream that is sufficient for 5 to 6 persons I'd say.



8. Sprucetta/Brucetta Cinnamon? - I can't remember the name of the dish but among the two desserts served that day, this is the one that I love. It was warm when it was served that day and it tasted just nice.



So, get your butts to Italiannies now, people! Even if you're not a fan of Italian food, still, Italiannies is worth a try!

Believe me, cheese and tomato lovers, Italiannies is worth a visit.

No comments: