Monday, January 11, 2016

My 2015

Happy New Year 2016!


Honestly, I think everyone of us has gone through a series of events, be it fortunate or unfortunate, throughout the year 2015. One thing I know for sure, 2015 has somehow impacted me in quite a number of ways. I know I am quite a bit late in posting my recap of the year 2015 but here goes.

January 2015
There wasn't much going on in January since I was pretty occupied with work. I was rushing in between several different faculties and at the same time, I was busy marking final examination papers for my foundation and degree students.  I wanted to spend some time to get to know more people but I couldn't - I was tied down by commitment at work. 

I practically had no life. Then, I couldn't take it anymore, I decided to resign due to several issues. I tendered my resignation on the 8th of January. 

A part of me felt so relieved because I know I just had to hold on for 3 more months until my resignation takes effect.

February 2015
It's Lunar New Year month! It was the long-awaited holidays for me because I was terribly in need of a break. I was so stressed out from seeing faces I dislike in my previous organization and on top of that, the stress from work was slowly killing me from the inside.

I looked forward to the Lunar New Year because I knew it would be the last New Year celebrated with my students. I was pretty adamant that after 2015, none of them would be coming to my place anymore but well, that's another story for another day.

March 2015
My life started to slow down as March approached. Hence, I went and got my right wisdom tooth removed since it was causing me so much pain. After the surgery, I rested at home for the entire week as I waited for April to come.

After being back at my hometown for quite some time, finally, I had the chance to visit Belawai Beach.

April 2015
On the 7th of this month, I ended my service with my previous organization and honestly, I couldn't be happier. It was the best decision I have made and leaving the God forsaken hellhole made me realized a lot of things.

During this month also, my friends, family and students gathered and surprised me with the biggest birthday celebration I have ever had in my entire life!


I couldn't express my heartfelt gratitude to these bunch of wonderful people for giving me a lasting impression right before I leave my hometown for good.

In the mid of April, finally, I left my hometown for good because of three reasons:

1. I do not want to stay in the God forsaken hellhole.
2. I want to pursue one of my dreams.
3. I want to prove to some idiots that owning PhDs doesn't make you smart.

May 2015
I finally settled down in KL and met up with some of my degree classmates to reminisce those good old days at UTAR. 

I fell sick. First it was just a mild sore-throat, then it was followed by a bad case of flu.

June 2015
I got even sicker than last month to point that my right ear was blocked due to the flu. I was almost bedridden for half of June. I thought I am invincible but it appeared I am not, thus, I went and saw two doctors.

During this point of time, a lot of unfortunate events took place and these events broke my heart.

July 2015
One of my favourite uncles passed on after battling lung cancer for quite some time. I was heartbroken to know that I wasn't able to make it to his funeral.

August 2015
This month should be the month I looked forward to in 2015. I had been anticipating for our Taiwan trip since late 2014 and finally it happened!


I went to Taiwan and totally enjoyed myself there! I'm not sure whether I should be saying this but I experienced typhoon for the very first time in my life in Taipei during my visit there.

One of the best things that happened in my life in 2015 - Mr. BF and I officially started dating.


I couldn't thank God enough for opening my eyes and mind to realize he's the one who has always been there for me.

September 2015
Friends came and visit me in KL during this month and we visited Genting Highland as well as Malacca.

October 2015
My journey as a postgraduate student started this month. Finally, after working for 2 years, I have decided to go back to studying.


I battled uncertainties for quite some time before deciding I wanted to continue my postgraduate studies and finally, I made up my mind to go for it.

Life is too short to be wasted.

November 2015
The highlight of the year would be my visit to Seoul, Korea.


For the longest time, I have had the thought of visiting Korea but due to certain issues, I wasn't able to do so. Right after tendering my resignation in January, I bought air tickets to Korea and I couldn't be happier.

December 2015
Hey, December is forever my favourite month of the year! 

It's Christmas month and the month of celebration!


Things were a bit different in 2015.

For the longest time, I had been spending Christmas alone but this year, God sent me Mr. BF and we spent the entire week, doing Chrimassy stuffs together.


Christmas in KL was beautiful with him :)

No comments: